Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
I like O scale also. I really enjoyed having the Lionel O scale rides. Kinda wish I didn't sell them.
I work in O gage 1:43, right now I working on my trucks. Kitbashing ERTL diacasts, and Birkshire Valley trailers. 'O' gage includes 1:43, Proto 1:48, and now the Germans have added
1:45. Lionel put out a few nice rides, now getting collector prices.
Real nice! I took my Zipper's base apart and what my plans are to do to it, is, remove it from the base. I'm gonna scratch build a semi truck trailer somehow to put the Lemax Zipper on the very end of it, just how the real Zipper sets up / is set up. This'll take quite a while, as there are many wires to the lights & the main motor that makes the Zipper go 'round. I'm going to do away with the front tower though, like Lemax has it looking like. There's no front tower holding up the front of the Zipper in real life, so the model won't have that tower either. The sign, i'll take off the front tower & locate it onto a scratchbuilt sign. So anyway, i have my work cut out for me on the Zipper. Later
I made them about two years ago and have a few left but did not have a way to market them. Then I got into HO and who knows. It is just a way for me to enjoy the challenge of doing something I have not done before.

The O scale rides are more like Tanks! The Dumbo is driven by no 25 chain the same stuff that the kid motorbikes use and most are driven by motors and gearboxes that are many times over kill. Surplus is what is available that you can use and keep the price down.
Thanks

RIch
Hey Rich,

Those rides look fantastic!!! Didn't even know you made them....Awesome

TJ
Tim J., Owner/Builder
TJ's Carnival of Lights
www.tjscarnivaloflights.com 
No carnival is complete without the extravaganza of lights!
Those look good, Rich.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
here is a link to the rides I make for sale in O gauge. 1/48

This is the teacup but I have others there also all under carnivalkitmaker.

Rich
Me! I started building i ho, but moved to 1/64 scale around 2000. And now i have around seven rides. Working on what the eightth ride will be, either a sbf drop zone, or tango, or sea ray.
I like rides in other scales too like a few of the rides Lemax has out. I'm currently working on my Lemax Zipper, replacing the repeat / recorder speaker in the base with a real radio speaker to play whatever's on the radio..making it more realistic to a midway-feel. I'm probably going to get the Lemax Cosmo Swing soon. It looks quite a bit like a Wave Swinger, well, somewhat. The action is very similar to the Wave Swinger for a G scale ride. I'm waiting on Lemax or someone to come out with a Huss Rainbow replica or even a Sky Diver or Sky Wheel. That'd be awesome! [8D] Sometime i'd like to get my hands on the Department 56 Ferris Wheel. It's pretty neat to see those lights lit up around the outer part of the Wheel itself. I would most likely re-do to make it look more true to an Eli Wheel. Later