Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
2 record days so far... Sunday & Tuesday!
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by bigeli

Hey pinetar,did you see the inflateable I posted from Raleigh,"Ultimate Survivor" or something ? [:)]

I saw that inflatable in Ionia, Michigan last year with Strates. I thought it looked cool. They actually had two that were similar, Ultimate Survivor and Jurrasic Adventure. Both were cool looking. (NO, I DID NOT GO ON THEM! LOL)[:)]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by britt

hey cstephens. where or how do you come up with these predicitions and dreams of which carnival or rides will play what fair? just curious. it will take a while before anyone knows what will happen in raleigh.

Hey Britt, check your PM's. [:)]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Hey pinetar,did you see the inflateable I posted from Raleigh,"Ultimate Survivor" or something ? [:)]
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
I personally don't think that Strates will be replaced after this year, seeing how much they are paying the fair, and if it's a record year like its on course to be, I don't see any reason why they would be removed, It wouldn't surprise me if they are there for another 53 yrs.
hey cstephens. where or how do you come up with these predicitions and dreams of which carnival or rides will play what fair? just curious. it will take a while before anyone knows what will happen in raleigh.
i'm worried that mid america might take over the n.c state fair midway mext year and strates will not return, but i'm sure john marconi and tim magid could return with their rides, i am planning on going there next year and i hope strates holds on to that contract for one more year so i can see them for the very first time along wth mid america and carol steam (owned by tim magid, i think)
if the weather holds, and looks as tho it will, might be a record year. finally someone gets a break from the weather. one day was a record day as i looked at the totals yesterday but i cannot remember which one. just looked. it was sunday.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

Keep us up to date on the attendance stats.

Looks up so far !
[url][/url]http://www.ncstatefair.org/attend.htm
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by LuckyStar

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by bigeli

I stand corrected,they're the same size,sorry for the confusion,I am a "splinter head" after all,but I'm trying to learn all the rides.[:D]

Splinter head.....how come not a few more pics of some of the nicer games out there??? Was curious to see what Shoops' Games are looking like now [:D]

To be brutally honest,the joints looked like crap,now I am used to the nice aluminum joints out on the west coast,but being VERY familiar with the joints,I was NOT impressed by too many of them.However it is the end of the season and they've been up and down and in and out of the trucks all year so I give them a little slack.I did notice that the stock was kinda crappy as well,I'm used to "Looney Toons",and "Plush",alot of the stock was dreck.There WERE alot of water races,and they were all grossing $$.Most had a 4 player,winner gets choice game wich is nice for the marks.Many ,many water races,wacky wires,and fool the guessers on this lot though.