Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Painful, anyone remember the Twister??? LOL[;)]
Quote:

Originally posted by the_rock401

mix in parts of a Crazy Dance, Tilt, and Space Roller, and you get the Eclipse.

Wow, sounds cool!
~V~

*_ Agility~ My anti drug!!_*
great photos jerry
i had a chance to work on that skywheel this year.
i helped spookie set her up and tear down in armada michigan.
some day i would like to go to the Minniesota fair[8]

jaybyrd
yeah the seats on the mega drop/tally and drop zone/reed are huge. I like them better than their "mini" seats on the space loop and hard rock.
Only problem I had with the seats was the large F logo in the plastic seat back! Every time I slid across the seat, I felt the edge of the logo. Padding would be a improvement.

The seats are huge, who designed them? But I know of one person who could not ride, got at least 3 clicks on the OTSR but did not hit the interlock switch.

Jerry
Great photos! I dig that "Magnum!" [8D]
Have you paid your dues Jack? Yeah I paid my dues. The check is in the mail.
" Wow, so theres actually a ride more painful then the Force 10 and Orbiter!"

I know you're not a fan, but I actually enjoy both. How messed up is that [:D]. As I said, the Contact was one of the few that bothered me.

Adam
www.flatrides.com : Pimp-slapping you with all your flat ride needs.
Wow, so theres actually a ride more painful then the Force 10 and Orbiter!
I was on it in Dallas. It looks nice, but I had some issues with the way it rides (which is Fabbri's fault, not the carnival's). My friend and I loaded on one side so the other two seats are empty. McDonagh was running it in basically two parts, the first had the boom locked with the plate spinning up top and the second part had both the boom and plate spinning. My friend and I both had problems on the first half of the ride because of the way our weight is distributed. As some may know, Fabbri purposely put the cars off-balance to ensure to ensure spinning. The problem was that between the car's balance and the way we loaded our spins weren't dizzying- they were painful. We had several occurences where we would get tossed into the restraint at the top of the plate and once we reached the bottom we were thrown back into the seat back. Because Fabbri builds their seat so big it meant that there was a lot of wiggle room in the restraint, something that was not good. However, once the boom started spinning the effect of coming over the top was lessened. I have been on a lot of flats (probably about at least 90% of the different versions of rides in the U.S.) and I will say that the pain level during the first half of the ride was severe. I can ride anything without getting dizzy or bothered, but the first half of our cycle just was not fun. I hope that Fabbri adds padding to their seats and/or tells the owners of this piece not to have 2 riders sit on the same side of the car when it is not full.

Adam
www.flatrides.com : Pimp-slapping you with all your flat ride needs.
It's first US appearance was here in Minnesota, and Jerry's description is mostly accurate. Basically, mix in parts of a Crazy Dance, Tilt, and Space Roller, and you get the Eclipse. Some pics of it are here:

http://community.webshots.com/user/the_rock401 

Pics are in the first MSF gallery and the night gallery.

Paul
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, and sometimes you have to take a rain check.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL