Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
thanks man
don't tell i have forgotten her name
flash
While in Richmond, VA at the fair I ate at Christy's cookhouse and I use to see them around the east coast. about a mile from where I live their son had a place and he parked his semi here for a while.
I believe mr Christy's name was Avery.
Now this was years ago.
Herb
Among my family heirlooms are keepsake tickets for "Vita's 10 c. Lunch" and "Vita's 5 c. Lunch" that are probably close to 90 years old! My grandpa and dad had a big sitdown grab joint at the Connecticut fairs for many years. Wish I still had their location, it was the best! When my dad switched to games, my cousin got it. They had a carnival spots, too. The tickets are long and narrow with five tickets per.
Amusing the Zillion
A former carny kid casts an insider’s eye on the amusement business, Coney Island, and fun places in between
http://amusingthezillion.com/ 
http://twitter.com/AmusingZillion 
Captflash Ace Mathews wife was Nancy not Betty. AKA "The Teacher" Better watch out for the teacher.
Thanks Gary for shankin my memory... they did have a nice place. The food was always good there. Nice G also... Do you remember the after hour shows they put on ? ohhhh they were funny as He$$!!
To eveyone Thanks for all the input!
it's never 'DANGEROUS' being who you are
The Mitchells had a "pie car" on Conklin Shows in the late 80's-early 90's that was top notch. Mr. Mitchell was a true gentleman, and ran a great operation. I drove for him for a while, and he paid me like a king. Coffee was always fresh, and food portions were huge. Those were the days. No marks EVER came in there without getting run quick. After hours it was a G-top, with sandwiches, beer, and gambling. Play the six arrows, pee wheel, ace away...Yeah, those were the best days of my life...
Gary C.
i remember a nice cookhouse on Johnnys united (Portemont) from miami, mike roman & pidgeon . they always had really good food, there,re passed by now too. When i was little in atlanta, no cookhouse so fred cantrell asked my mother (Rose) if she would do it, so daddy was always pealing potatoes.lol . Thanks for the memories.
O'Briens cookhouse was the last one i ate at, i don't know if they are still around.
with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage
YES!!!!! thanks for the memory jog!
An end, even with terror, is better than terror without end. F.Neitzsche
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by indianacarnie

peewee's all the way. the man was/is a true carnie too. he's staked me before. need more like him in the biz. used to be a good little cookhouse on stine shows but cant remember who owned it.

That was captflash!