Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by salesman

Ben,,, Just a heads UP. No one and I mean no one of the male gender should be using "lol" in a sentence or paragraph. Seriously man, not good!!!!!

Really? Plenty of guys here use it.

LOL
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
I could not agree with you more, RainbowBen.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by salesman

Ben,,, Just a heads UP. No one and I mean no one of the male gender should be using "lol" in a sentence or paragraph. Seriously man, not good!!!!!

Is there a reason why we should not use lol,cause I do it occasionally and I see quite a few other males do..

Is there something I should know about myself that I was not aware of before?

I never used it before much because I seldom actually Laugh out Loud,but it is easier than saying "Chuckled " or "laughed a little low"...Kind of like a lazy way of saying that wee found something amusing ,I guess..Please let us know ,because I want to be correct in all my endeavers....thanks........jeff

"I'm Just, SICK WIT-IT"
Don't you wish the midway consisted of those rides now days? Or do alot of you like the newer midway of now days? I don't, i like the older better. Too many rides now days with shoulder restraints. Back in the day, most rides were limited to a simple lap bar to keep you in, even going upside down like in the Sky Diver. It added to the thrill & giving the sensation of the "falling out" part when upside down at the top. Rides now don't give that sensation, as those restraints are super tight on ya. But, you don't wanna be falling out of a KMG Fire Ball or Freak Out, that's for sure! Seems though, as if that midway of rides you just listed, those times were simpler times....all in all, when a Fair midway looked like a Fair midway, not these rides that look like something from the planet Jupiter or Mars. LOL

~Ben
Conklin set it up 2 yrs in a row that I know for sure, maybe 3 yrs at Dade county youth fair in the early 80's. great ride. Almost seemed like sloooow motion when you were riding it it. Back around 1983 I remember Conklin bringing in big Huss pieces to that fair. The HUSS list included
Ranger
Pirate
Rainbow
Enterprise
UFO
in addition to

Reverchon HIMI that went forwards and backwards
Conklins POLAR EXPRESS
Tempest
Cobra
Chance Toboggan
wave swinger
4 sky wheels side by side
Giant Wheel
2 Tilts
2 Super Loops
The Doppel Looping Coaster
The MARK IV Coaster
SKY DIVER
ZIPPER
Gravitron
Giant Slide
Paratrooper
The ROTOR
2 Sizzlers
The Love BUG I think it was called. A HIMI that had a green cover roll over the cars, like you were riding in a tunnel. Maybe was called the Caterpillar. My mind is shot and I am getting old.
Flying Bobs
The SKY ride
I can't remember all the spook houses
The cake walk thing
and a couple I can't remember.

Very Impressive back in the day.

"I'm Just, SICK WIT-IT"
Conklin had their UFO at the Central Florida Fair one year when I was performing at the circus there and we got a ton of ride tickets to enjoy the midway. We rode that thing almost every day. I also worked two seasons at Darien Lake with a circus and we pretty much had free run of the park outside our show times. The UFO was a popular ride for all of us as well. I always liked the round up type rides but the Huss version stood up almost vertical like the Enterprise and was a stronger sensation. I liked the higher elevation but the ride "compartments" on the UFO were claustrophic and therefore limited the experience that the round-up gave with that open little cage with the saging chain across the front.

I think I could sit in a fully upright Enterprise all day. Something about the sensation of no shoulder bars, no belts, and such and going upside down was just plain fun.

I guess I'm just old school and easy to please. I Performed at a lot of parks and enjoyed many rides on the Worlds of Fun Fly-O-Plane, the Rye Daragon Coaster, The Beast, and so many more of the older rides.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Tre in GA

Ben Not sure if there ever was one in America, but there is one in Canada...............
hey Ben have you ever seen this site www.flatrides.com  ?
It answers alot of questions you ask us, not saying I mind your questions, but I think youd enjoy a read thru that site. Its a wealth of info on rides travelling the US and some in Europe.....
trey

I think he goes to flatrides.com and finds some weird ride
and then starts a "whatever happened to?/anyone ever seen one of these?/How many/how big?/what colors did this come in?" thread here.
Conklin had a UFO in early 80's. They brought it into maple leaf Village in Niagara Falls one season too. They ran the park at that time. Think they had an Enterprise in there the next year. Maybe they traded the UFO, never heard about it if they did.

Darien Lake still has the Huss UFO and also a Ranger.
Conklin Shows bought one back in 1980 or so, and I don't think it made a full season.

My memory is starting to get bad, but seems like they endded up trading it for a 2nd Enterprise.