Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Haha, yo b 2 igorant 2 know what eye really said. reread it kat.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Trucker090

www.jtmonline.com/goodtime 

That don't look like no rag bag show to me !! Old age is catching up with pinetar !! I would not open that night. Then prepair for a great next day. Clean up and try to dry it up. Sawdust, shavings, straw whatever it took..

UserPostedImage
I don't think piney said that show was a rag bag he was just wondering what show was playing that spot. Which so was I. Now that we see who is playing it we can understand more about the show and their equitment.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Trucker090

That don't look like no rag bag show to me !! Old age is catching up with pinetar !! I would not open that night. Then prepair for a great next day. Clean up and try to dry it up. Sawdust, shavings, straw whatever it took..

I am no expert like Pinetar,but that sure don't look like no rag -bag to me either...Love that Hurricane...By the looks of that show they did not get to look that good by making too many wrong decisions....jeff

<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com
was in fargo n.d. 1980 when it flooded bad.wouldnt want to open under anything similar.i agree about getting the commitee to sign waivers if they insisted on opening.way too many ride accidents this year it seems.
An end, even with terror, is better than terror without end. F.Neitzsche
ok well like i said i do NOT have pictures of it, the show has been there 10yrs (about). They have a good practice of electrical, trust me i see them about once a week from april to september, they have West End Fair and Carbon County Fair. go to www.jtmonline.com/goodtime  and look at the pics u can see some electrical on the pics. As I said before I tried uploading model pics by following the directions and nothing happened so I leave it at that abut uploading on here. Other forums where you can create an attachement at the bottom of the message are better for me lol.
The MCW World is dieing for more information!
Have your CSI Team (Carnival Site Investigation) report back with pics.
too many unknowns.

For instance:
1.The shows elec. system is not up to code.
a.What does that mean:
The show knows that they have poor grounding practices.
" " " they have lugged buss bars and not breakers.

I have never failed to operate under such wet conditions. But you haven't provided much in intelligent information. We can only assume you have a rag bag show. So, give us details.

Good Lord man, it is easy to post pics to an album. This is 2009, the year of Obam. Rejoice and be glad.
UserPostedImage
Quote:

Originally posted by rideguy52

Owner stated was not going to open due to a slip hazard, wanted to recheck his stabilizers and cribbing and wanted to give it time to dry out before opening for Saturday. He also had lead lines coming out of his generators under water in puddles throughout the midway (this includes connections). As this was the 3rd day, the main paths through the midway were already cleared of any grass that was once there from the heavy foot trafic from earlier in the week. So with everything combined, you have heavy mud, slip hazards, high volatage electrical under water in some spots, possible unsturdy stabilizers.
[/quote----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I deleted part of the OP to save room,and to specify,just a couple of the really important issues (To me anyway).

Checking the blocking was an obvious reason but,

The most important issue IMO was the potential for problems due to the high -voltage..

We played a spot in Rouses Point N.Y. (right on the Canadian Border) many years ago...Torrential rains on friday night Tons of people..The whole area lost power for hours.

Our boxes sat right on the ground back then..Killed the generator...Raised a couple of boxes up and wired the fire station up and fired the genset back up.
While most everyone went home,the firemen and the show people went inside and had a heck of a time....No money was made,but lot's of good will was gained..

My point is--The Show owner should be commended for shutting down.One bad incident would not be worth the potential money that may have been made...You can always make up lost money ,but can't take back a lost life or a serious injuty...Just my opinion..jeff

Edited for spelling...jeff

I was at a carnival, and they added those little chips of wood all over the place because of rain. Can you sweep puddles on grass? I don't know. I never tried it. Pinetar has a point though. If you just stand by, and do nothing you have the mindset, just forget it. Even though the solution might be impractical, you are least trying. I have a vacuum that takes in water, and than you can dump it elsewhere. It might sound stupid, but it could have got rid of your puddles. It's at least trying.

To me, I kind of think you have a reason to close up shop though, but there was a carnival around Chicago who after one day of rain, said we are not opening at night even though the fields weren't wet, and there was no mud either. That's ridiculous in my opinion, and they are gone because of that.