Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
i dont know what ya might mean by that novelty guy,why dont you explain why you might think id know who that person is?JON STRONG?????is that a guy you know NOVELTY GUY???
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by the-novelty-man

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by detroit121

i dont think a person should be able to earn off of an animal that could be helped!!!!if you cant provide whats best for an animal you SHOULDNT have ANY!!!!while i do realize the pup probably wouldnt have been treated horribly he wasnt lookin out for the best interest of the dog,simple as that!!i think its pretty pathetic anyways to make money off of other peoples or animals misfortunes.im a long way from being the greatest guy,but to earn off of a helpless animal that needs, and could be helped????nah,i dont think so.i think id rather earn for myself.i mean how do you say,,,,i think ill let this dog trip over his feet and fall all the time so i can make a little more money?????dont ya gotta draw the line somwere?

Hey Detroit Do you know John Strong??

babe,BABE!!!!!,,,,,make sure ya give him one!!
Venice Beach Freak Show claims to have added a five legged puppy named Fluffy.
On the subject of freaks and puppies Michael Vick just got signed, that's disgusting.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by detroit121

i dont think a person should be able to earn off of an animal that could be helped!!!!if you cant provide whats best for an animal you SHOULDNT have ANY!!!!while i do realize the pup probably wouldnt have been treated horribly he wasnt lookin out for the best interest of the dog,simple as that!!i think its pretty pathetic anyways to make money off of other peoples or animals misfortunes.im a long way from being the greatest guy,but to earn off of a helpless animal that needs, and could be helped????nah,i dont think so.i think id rather earn for myself.i mean how do you say,,,,i think ill let this dog trip over his feet and fall all the time so i can make a little more money?????dont ya gotta draw the line somwere?

Hey Detroit Do you know John Strong??
The-Novelty-Man
Good for John. He treats his animals well. I miss the old days when he used to bring some of them into the AB office when he played the TN State Fair a few blocks away.
He brought the 2-headed turtle in the last visit that I recall and that was probably 2000 so it's lived a long life, or he found another.
Followup article, John won his breach of contract suit, it was tried by a TV Show judge. Airdate is set for September 8th.

http://www.lohud.com/article/20090813/UPDATE/90813008 

Quote:

quote:

Pirro favors show owner in five-legged puppy case
August 13, 2009

CHICAGO (AP) — Thanks to a Chicago TV judge, a Coney Island freak show operator is up $4,000 but down a five-legged puppy.

Judge Jeanine Pirro ruled during a taping of her show Wednesday that freak show owner John Strong is entitled to the cash after the dog’s owner backed out of a contract to sell the Chihuahua-terrier mix to him.

Calvin Owensby agreed to sell the five-legged puppy formerly known as Precious to Strong on June 29. Strong sent Owensby $1,000, with a promise to deliver $2,000 more when Precious got to New York.

But Owensby, an unemployed electrician from Gastonia, N.C., balked days later after researching Strong online.

“I didn’t know it was a freak show,” a tearful Owensby told Pirro. “He said it was an amazing animal show.”

After a flurry of media attention, Owensby said he got threatening phone calls, including one from a New York man who said only a freak would sell his dog to a freak show.

Strong’s show has 27 odd animals, including a two-headed turtle named Pete and Repeat, a six-legged cow and an eight-legged pig.

Owensby was so spooked that when Allyson Siegel of Charlotte, N.C., offered to buy Precious for $4,000 to keep the dog from going to Strong, he accepted.

Siegel took Precious, renamed her Lilly and quickly had the extra leg removed. Owensby returned Strong’s $1,000.

But Strong still wanted the dog — or what Owensby was paid for her — and sued for breach of contract.

Pirro agreed Strong was wronged.

“We’ve got a contract, and the defendant broke it, pure and simple,” Pirro said.

She also sided with Strong in Owensby’s countersuit for intentional infliction of emotional distress, ruling that while the situation was undoubtedly stressful, Strong couldn’t be blamed.

Strong said after the taping that he’s thrilled with the decision.

“This is such an emotional case, and it could’ve gone either way,” he said. “I just wish I’d met Calvin before all this happened.”

Owensby said he doesn’t harbor any hard feelings and understands Strong is just doing his job.

Strong said once Pirro’s show airs on Sept. 8, he’ll sue Siegel to reclaim the dog — despite her lack of an extra paw.

“I certainly am not chasing four-legged dogs around the world,” he said. “Because of the cuteness of the dog ... I would still like to have the dog.”

It probably also helps that he said his business has increased 60 percent since the story hit the news.

Lilly, meanwhile, is doing well at her new home.

“She is just a ball of fire,” Siegel told a North Carolina TV station. “I hope she is going to have a normal life."

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
The guy outbid him. It's his. If the seller is in breach of contract, then it's a matter for the courts. I just think the buyer is a sucker. Suckers are good for the economy...as long as they don't vote like suckers.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
Big John Strong treats his animal very well, there is no question about that. That said, he needs to let this go and keep quiet. He is hurting all of us, added to the ridiculous PETA video NYC my well end up closed territory.
Topic cleaned up, and problem dealt with, as promised. Let's keep the discussion civilized -- no personal attacks, please. Thank you!
CAUTION, Administrator at work. This is a troll-free zone.

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." - Charles Darwin
you havent been around alot of animal oddeties shows then there bowler roller,or youd know that showing a show dog and an animal in a fricken side show is two TOTALLY different things!!!the two dont even compare!!!!that statement was not well thought out,couldnt have been!!!yea,for those who are getting ready to start talkin about i dont know anything about a side show you are dead wrong!!!jerry limpko and his chimps were my direct family!!!!wow,yall are not that unthoughtful are ya???bad season on the road or what???lol,lol
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bowler Roller

People pay 250k for a horse if they race them, or breed more to race. It's a business ivestment.

What is the going rate on a normal Chihuahua? It's nowhere near 6G's, unless it's a show dog, or a show dog quality breeder. They pay that much for show dogs, because they're an investment. The guy from Coney Island was ready to put out 3G's and show it, too, because it was an investment.

Most freaky animals ARE put down, unless someone finds value in them. They also tend to have shorter lifespans than normal animals.

How do freak shows degrade animals more than dog shows? Most dogs I've seen like attention.

babe,BABE!!!!!,,,,,make sure ya give him one!!
Why do you think all side show animals are mistreated and all animal exhibitors are abusers? I have several different friends that exhibit animals,and they all treat their animals well. I also have a friend that has dinger monkeys. They have their own AC'ed trailer house and live quite nicely. I am sure that there have been instances of animals being abused/neglected by bad operators, but it's not right to put everyone in that group.
Play fast, Win big, Leave early!!