Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Soda Guy

Has anyone seen Fike's Fiesta Rides lately? I was wondering how they were doing?

No comment.
I'm ready for a progress report. Anybody got one?
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
I can't remember KBS ever having a YOYO, must have been before my time...
Thanks for the nice comments. The color is a very vibrant orange called carousel red. It was used on the 69 pontiac GTO judges and also called hugger orange. Those pics were taken at the end of March. The trailer is back together with the tower on it and I am working on the tilt head now. Shop is always open Scott. Will try and post some current pics tonight. The ride came from the old Nolan show. It has been sitting at winter quarters for a long time waiting its turn in the shop. It had a wizzard paint job on the scenery, Rodeo YOYO. Anybody have any old pics? It was Kissel Bros. before Nolans bought it.
kadoty
I think the ride came out of ohio ryan.

I got to see it in person this winter, bradd and his crew did a exellent job with it. Better than brand new!!
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Looking great Brad...
I'm looking forward to seeing it as well. Hopefully it will make it out on the road by the 4th of July. I've always thought the Yo-Yo was one of the prettier rides to see at night.
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Soda Guy

Has anyone seen Fike's Fiesta Rides lately? I was wondering how they were doing?

I met sr. and his son. always had a good time with him at the state meeting in Col. in jan.

I saw him, many a time, pulling a load in a white shirt and tie driving across I 70 in Ohio.

May He Rest in Peace! Cause there ain;t no piece on the lot.
UserPostedImage
Is this the YO YO that use to be on Fike's Fiesta Shows from Corydon, IN?