Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

If you feel that strong about it, then set up a school on the midway and learn 'em up. You know they want to learn, teach em.

Everybody here cries about it, let's see you take some action instead of everybody crying about it.

Quote:

Originally posted by john121

i know a few showowner that use legal mexicans,s.africans and even irish workers.i think that the mexican workers should learn to speak english.these worker are here to work and usally do a good job ,yes there will be some bad apples,the bad ones should be sent back home.
i have played in areas that the mexicans would have trouble working in.

i am not crying about it and i dont own any rides just a couple of joints.i have learned enough spanish myself to work a joint.guys that i know say the mexicans and south africans are very good help.

with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage
Quote:

quote:

If you feel that strong about it, then set up a school on the midway and learn 'em up. You know they want to learn, teach em.

Everybody here cries about it, let's see you take some action instead of everybody crying about it.

Quote:

quote:

i know a few showowner that use legal mexicans,s.africans and even irish workers.i think that the mexican workers should learn to speak english.these worker are here to work and usally do a good job ,yes there will be some bad apples,the bad ones should be sent back home.

I gave up and just learned Spanish instead LOL. All is well.[;)]

Quote:

quote:

UserPostedImage
its a tuff job, for little pay, so when u can get an american, to step up to the plate, then we can talk, but until then , i have equipment to move...[ and i don't mean your local drug addict...], so i see no harm in a foriegn employee, but YES I DO AGREE THAT THEY HAVE TO SPEAK THE LANGUAGE, FOR SAFETY AND CURTIOUS TO THE PATRON.. since there money is the one pay'n our bills...
"NOW MICHAEL," said the teacher to the agressive youngster," what do you think your classmates would think of you if you were always kind and polite?"
" they'd think they could beat me up!...

" GO YANKEES "
with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage
Quote:

quote:

Bad Axe was one of the most friendly fairs I ever played. Farm country, everyone said hello.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JustinJames

Bad Axe, Michigan is a county fair that has real issues with the Amigos in general. Glad we don't have to play that redneck fight club again!

And Detroit used to have white people... LOL Things change.
Bad Axe was one of the most friendly fairs I ever played. Farm country, everyone said hello.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JustinJames

Bad Axe, Michigan is a county fair that has real issues with the Amigos in general. Glad we don't have to play that redneck fight club again!

UserPostedImage
I never knew a carney to worry about how many hours they are going to work. Get the job done has fast and safe has you can then you work less hours. The show I run has wed. openings at 6pm and close at 10 or 11 pm the the same for thursday. Friday and Sat open at 5pm close at 11. we have only 3 monday openings all seasons so my crew works about 38 to 42 hrs a week. We tear down on sat night move late sun afternoon, and set up monday afternoon, late evening finish tuesday morning. wed. thurs. off till show call unless your ride needs to have work done on it.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by billdo200

I tell people when they complain about my mexicans that I will send them all back when they find me 20, hard working americans who are willing to work for around 350.00 a week and not complain and stay sobber and don't do drugs and can pass a background check. at that point they walk away and shut their mouths.

I`m curious. How many hours` work do you require for that $350?
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain