Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by dg9699

I heartily agree with my fellow showpainter, showpaintsbyconner. I would much rather look down a midway and see as many different colors and designs as possible. All these matching this that and the other gets real boring to the eye real fast. Has that German look from the 40's. Creativity and drawing the eye to your ride, joint or show is more important than wearing uniforms at St John's School...UGH[^]

FTFY[;)]
I heartily agree with my fellow showpainter, showpaintsbyconner. I would much rather look down a midway and see as many different colors and designs as possible. All these matching this that and the other gets real boring to the eye real fast. Has that East German look from the 60's. Creativity and drawing the eye to your ride, joint or show is more important than wearing uniforms at St John's School...UGH[^]
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by showpaintsbyconner

what do they do to the porta toilet ?

They Crap in it.....[;)]
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bowler Roller

Quote:

quote:

Right...I think it's from guys that want other carnies to think they played on the Big Show....I bet half the joints out there with the "Wavey W" on them never even played a spot with Wade...

I've been on show that dictated the color of your canvas, but does a show like Wade, with a custom canvas color scheme, sell canvas to independents, like shows sell shirts? That would be a helluva ding.

That would indeed be a serious ding...

are you trying to give frank help in making money ??? [8)]

I think he does alright in that aspect of life on his own [;)]
what do they do to the porta toilet ?
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Jackpotter

Every piece the same color scheme would be a bit of overkill and I could understand why you'd hate that. I was speaking more of canvas and trucks than actual rides....

Belle City uses a lot of orange, white, blue and yellow..it looks really good.

not sure if i did the quote thing correctly, but if u want to see different color trucks n trailors. check out J&Js folder on my myspace. soon to be adding matching red otterbacher bunkhouses. lol

Bates has Big Red Bunkhouses that don't have any lettering other then SHOWER ROOM in 2 ft tall letters that can been seen from a mile away....I guess they got to let everyone know that's where the Ride jocks take Baths....
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie

Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Right...I think it's from guys that want other carnies to think they played on the Big Show....I bet half the joints out there with the "Wavey W" on them never even played a spot with Wade...

I've been on show that dictated the color of your canvas, but does a show like Wade, with a custom canvas color scheme, sell canvas to independents, like shows sell shirts? That would be a helluva ding.

That would indeed be a serious ding...

are you trying to give frank help in making money ??? [8)]
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Jackpotter

Every piece the same color scheme would be a bit of overkill and I could understand why you'd hate that. I was speaking more of canvas and trucks than actual rides....

Belle City uses a lot of orange, white, blue and yellow..it looks really good.

not sure if i did the quote thing correctly, but if u want to see different color trucks n trailors. check out J&Js folder on my myspace. soon to be adding matching red otterbacher bunkhouses. lol
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

I know some guys that got 3 or 4 different tops for their joints depending on what show they are with...
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

How about Bates's Trucks...All Blue trucks with Orange Grills...Looks like hell. There is no other orange anywhere on the show...

When we were with Drago their trucks were white and the grill was the color of the ride. That was the back in the days when every ride had a truck.
Alabama 18 time National Champions Roll Tide