Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Thanks Kenny. Still thinking if that guy with the IHC M-G-R for $2000 gets it, these will all have to go then. LOL I mean after all, everything is for sale at the right price, right? LOL LOL
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Awesome work Chris! I love the Amityville Horror, Hampton Umbrella ride, and the little Carousel, they all kick *ss! Thank you for sharing all of your work with us this winter, hope you have a great season.[:D]
Kenny.

Well, this is the last time I will be updating this topic until a new one get's posted next Winter. LOL Back to work this week, I'm leaving later on today to head up north with the McDonagh's.

So, I figured why not one last update. lol

For American Eagle Shows, I have added a few pieces.

One, a new dark ride, themed Amityville Horror (I watched the original on TMC one night and thought it would be a cool theme for a dark ride), so I now have officially retired my Faller Review of Illusions dark ride from this model show. This model actually is kinda creepy, with the glowing "eyes" where the infamous windows are. Still, looks cool, Justin thought so too.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

I also used the second Hampton top and some motorcycles I had got from Ryan Russel and built a kiddie ride for the show, using my usual painted used CDR for the base. Nothing special, but a nice kiddie ride for the show.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

And finally, I was going to build a Super Slide for the show, but realized I did not have any stairs to use, or enough anyways, and decided for now, instead, since I had three or four of the Dollar Tree tea cup ride toys, I would use the tubs and make a Crazy Daisy Tea Cups. I added a back wall with a scene from Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Hatter and the tea party, some beads on poles for "lights," and some scenery around the bottom of the platform, made with Print Shop. I think it came out nice. This autumn I will probably be building one for Justin's show as well, after he saw some photos of this one. lol

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

I also added a couple of new pieces to Frangipani Amusements, one for the Magenta Unit (second unit), and one for the Orange Unit (third unit).

For the Magenta Unit, a fun house I designed using Print Shop and clip art that comes with the program. I used a photo I had of another small glass house, using the same shape, and coloured over it with a bright yellow background, then added the name and the clip art, and a different bally. Very colourful I must say. This is actually the last model I built and will be building until next Winter.

UserPostedImage

And finally, as I mentioned in an above post, I used two used CDR's, some IHC Carousel scenery I had left over along with some horses, a top I made with Print Shop, and added a small two-abreast Merry-Go-Round to the Orange Unit.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

That's all folks.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Thanks Kenny. I just finished a 2-abreast Merry-Go-Round model using CDR's and extra horses and scenery from IHC kits that I did not use, along with a custom printed top I made. That and my Faller Circus World, which I am satisfied with, that's it; too many small parts, it was ridiculous.

Tempest looks really good, lots of detail work and the Carousel looks absolutely amazing![:D][:D][:D]
Kenny.

LOL Okay then....
Don't worry Chris... I'm probably gonna have a few models in my house trailer this summer. You won't face withdrawls if ya come over often LOL.
I have not posted anything here in almost a month, so here goes. I have been busy, building quite a few things for Ebay mostly, but a few models for my own model shows and Justin as well.

Anyways, I just finished this week a new 3-Abreast Merry-Go-Round for Frangipani Amusements and the Magenta Unit. I found the scenery online and liked it, so I used it. I used an IHC ThunderBolt kit for the top. Very colouful, to say the least.

UserPostedImage

I built a new Tempest model and Justin now has my original one, and his is on Ebay. I just liked the green I used on his new Eli Wheel so I decided to use it and do something different with this model vs. the original one. Belongs to Frangipani's Orange Unit.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

I also had bought two IHC Hampton tops as well as extra motorcycles and boats from Ryan Russel. I used the butterflys from the Dollar Tree carnival toy for tubs and Ryan's nicely painted top and made a nice kiddie ride out of it, something different, for Wonderland Shows' Purple Unit.

UserPostedImage

Not to mention the new Eli 16 that I built (and mentioned in another topic) for Wonderland's White Unit.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

All coming to an end, as in two weeks I will be back to work. LOL As the snow is falling outside right now (expecting 6-9 inches of the crap).

Well, I decided that my ThunderBolt needed to either 1) be updated, repainted, new scenery, etc. or 2) sold and replaced with a new one (easier). I went for the second option, put the old one on EBay (where it is now, lot's of watchers, no bidders yet), and bought a new one and built it, with much brighter colours.

Here is the old one:

UserPostedImage

I used photos of scenery I found online for the new ThunderBolt, and modified some of the panels so it would not be the same two panels all the way around; I used a photo of MBGS' ThunderBolt doghouse scenery, and photos of turbo light panels I had taken for the sign and on the inside and outside upper scenery. I used star stickers on the top and on the fence, and added some stars I made with Print Shop over the sign. Scenery on the sign panels I found online as well, also using the lightning bolts that come with the kit scenery. I cut the tub hangers to hang the tubs more like the real ride instead of how IHC has you do it, modified the entrance stairs, and it was done. I may add a few flags to it later, but for now, I am really pleased with how it came out. It goes to Wonderland Shows and the Purple (second) Unit.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Next, I bought a finished RAH Scooter from Lynn Lawson off of Ebay, and modified it a bit to fit Frangipani Amusements. It goes with the Blue Unit (first unit) of the show.

Here is how it looked out of the box from Lynn (looks really good, the top came out great, and I liked the scenery panels, different, not the same old ones I have used on three of my other Scooter models), he had it in five pieces, all separated:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

I ended up gluing everything together, changed the signs on the doghouse using a photo of a Scooter sign I had taken, and added the show logo, put the show logo on the fence around the ride, added a bally around the bottom of the floor and both ends of the trailer, added an exit ramp (he only had one ramp), some exit/entrance/coupon/safety signs, and finally, shortened the blocks underneath, as the model overall sat a little taller than I wanted, and voila, it's done. The only thing I still may change now is new flags across the top, that's it. Well worth what I paid for it.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Thanks guys, appreciate the compliments!