Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
What about the Funhouse. I have a friend named Danny who used to work on a show in Ohio that was set-up for operation when a film crew with a bunch of weird-ass people(who smoked lots of herb)showed up for about 4 days of filming.He told me the movie was shot in a studio but they used their darkride only for the outside shots.(it was never that elaborate)as they came in to redecorate the outside to their liking but that show was out around the cicinatti area.the only appearance he made was that you could see him walking around in the background aimlessly. Yep, that sounds like Danny!
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JustinJames

There was a midway in Never Been Kissed with Drew Barrymore... had a Wipeout, Musical Chairs and Eli Wheel... always wondered what show. Thought maybe it was Alpine.

yes it was alpine, filmed in chicago on navy pier. They guy running the wheel is a long time alpine employee that is still there
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
There was a midway in Never Been Kissed with Drew Barrymore... had a Wipeout, Musical Chairs and Eli Wheel... always wondered what show. Thought maybe it was Alpine.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by mtnvly

Stephen King's "Thinner," was Smokeys filmed in Belfast, Maine.

thanks poppie, i new you would know...
"NOW MICHAEL," said the teacher to the agressive youngster," what do you think your classmates would think of you if you were always kind and polite?"
" they'd think they could beat me up!...

" GO YANKEES "
Stephen King's "Thinner," was Smokeys filmed in Belfast, Maine.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by the-novelty-man

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Darkrider

Someone at Carnival Mag will here from me about that "grease" thing.

Atlas Greater Shows was in the movie Grease the Fun House was owned
by Anita Reynolds at the time I worked on the show at that time
those were the good old days Nordy and Alan Alabe owned the show

the greese thing was mentioned in carnival mag, the fun house resides in texas w/ century 21 carnival, owened by kevin exum, his brother alan owns the piece.

since they were talkin about mtv in another topic, mtvs THE GRIND, was shot under the brooklyn bridge, with some of Tommy Murrays [ tommys midways] stuff, back in the 90's.

isn't smokeys in one of stephen kings movies...
"NOW MICHAEL," said the teacher to the agressive youngster," what do you think your classmates would think of you if you were always kind and polite?"
" they'd think they could beat me up!...

" GO YANKEES "
Another movie i remember is some kid movie, where some girls are on a rock o plane and the tub falls off and the kid with some suit saves them. Anyone know that movie?
I remember as a kid we were with a show up around K.C. the name of the show was Novelty Exposition owned by Harold Anderson out of Topeka Ks. His show was in the movie Paper Moon starring Tatum and Ryan O'Neal! I think the daughter received an oscar for her role.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Fabbri_Guy

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Brady

What about Joe Dirt! What show was that he worked for.

Joe dirt in that movie looked just right to be running that tilt!! lol! And what happend after they tipped that wheel? did they buy them a new wheel?

You mean the wheel in Mighty Joe Young? It was sent back to Mulligan and they rebuilt it. Good as new.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Brady

What about Joe Dirt! What show was that he worked for.

Joe dirt in that movie looked just right to be running that tilt!! lol! And what happend after they tipped that wheel? did they buy them a new wheel?