Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
And they just got worse.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rhino

Hurley, when i was typing that, i knew you'd say something ignorant like that....lol....

Not ignorant at all. Congress' approval rating since the Dems took over majorities in both the House and Senate has hovered around 9-10% to the positive. That's twenty points lower than President Bush's approval ratings that the left-wing media crows about being "so low," and the lowest approval (or highest "non-approval") rating for any Congress in history. [^]

There have been things I have disagreed with President Bush on....the Dubai ports deal of two years ago is one, I disagree on the bailout plan, and the Republicans fell into the Democrat's trap of earmark's and increased spending. Both parties have made mistakes, no doubt about it. Sure President Clinton oversaw a balanced budget, but only because a Republican led Congress forced it onto him, as he signed reduced spending bills into law kicking and screaming and whining, only of course to crow about a balanced budget later, taking credit for it.

Presidents get either too much credit when the economy does well, and too much blame when the economy goes sour. What the "blame President Bush for everything wrong" crowd seems to forget, conveniently, is that bills have to be originated in Congress first, then get sent to the President to either sign or veto. I do freely admit that when the Republicans held majorities they were big spenders like the Dem's, and President Bush basically rubber-stamped it all, which was a mistake.

As for the current financial crisis, look at the home loan business....John McCain, a Republican, warned Congress that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac needed to be investigated and looked at closely, or their would be a catastrophe. Barney Frank and Chris Dodd, Democrats, stood up and said nothing was wrong, they were fine. OOPS! How's that working out now? Oh yeah, and they are heading up the investigative committee, all while they got a boatload of money from them before the collapse. Wow.

This Obama love-fest will only last until he starts turning his back on the many promises he made but will not, and cannot, deliver on. Wait until he announces that he is raising taxes instead of cutting them. Then you will hear a backlash. But then again, he is the messiah, so maybe they will turn a blind eye and say "oh well, he knows what's best...."

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Well said Dan L.!!!
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Benjibear

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by popcornserver

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by skywheel88

"Obama's been elected, the sky is falling!" GAWD! [xx(]

That will be the only thing falling, everything else will be going higher: taxes, unemployment, min. wage, medical.....

Look around, everything that you listed started months and months ago...........

Yep....right about the time the Dems took over the majorities in Congress.

Don't blame this all on Democrats on this one. Just admit your beloved Bush and his adminstration are just as much, if not more to blame. The Democrats may have only held the house for 2 years, but the problems started long before that. Bush gave a tax cut that our country couldn't afford, went to war Iraq which cost us billions, watched oil and gas prices escalate, didn't really do anything to unite the country, solve other issues such as social security, health care, and the jobs leaving here and going over seas, etc., ect. Face it Bush was a car out of control and nobody could have stopped it from going over the edge and crashing. We have been heading towards that cliff for at least the last 8 years and you blame everything on the Democrats when in that last 8 years at least 6 of them had a Republican president and congress.

Sky and others like him, I just want you you to say, if it is only once, that the Republicans are not perfect and they have done things wrong. I chalange you to list everything you feel Bush and the Republicans have done wrong.

We get it. It is clear that you are so blinded by your hatred for Bush that you do not understand the facts. The Republicans, and Democrats alike, are responsible for the mess we are in. It started with the Carter Administration. It has progressively gotten worse. But the fact of the matter is that Barney Frank (how anyone could vote for that guy is beyond me), Chris Dodd, Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reid were in total control of the Congress for the last two years and didn't do one damn thing to stop the pending financial crisis. Now everyone believes that the Black Messiah is going to save us. LOL.

I was watching CNN last night (for pure torture), and they were having a love fest over Obama. It is sickening. Candy Crowely (btw, is she Meatloaf's sister does anyone know) was going on and on about how Michelle Obama had been talking with Hillary getting tips on living in the White House. Right, like Hillary wants anything to do with Michelle Obama. For the next four years the mainstream media is going to protect Obama and project a love fest. Everything is going to be just peachy.

And watch the media support his new stimulus plan. Where oh where is that money going to come from friends? You got it. Out of our pocketbooks. Bennibear, judging from your defense of Obama I bet you have your hand out for another one of those stimulus checks. Am I wrong. [:D]
You can blame everything on Bush that you want but let's face it he had to have the majority support of Congress, which is predominantly Democratic.
Congress has far more power over those things than the President.

I don't watch TV news, so I have no idea what color their reporteres are.

We could easliy affor the tax cuts, we just couldn't afford the war. Neither the President, nor Congress can do much about fuel prices, except to allow more drilling leases where the most oil sits (Bush lifted the executive ban on that drilling).

It's hard to unite the country when the opposition owns most of the media, and is working so hard to divide everyone.

Bush, and Republicans suck major ass, but they're not nearly as bad as their oppposition.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

That will be the only thing falling, everything else will be going higher: taxes, unemployment, min. wage, medical.....

Look around, everything that you listed started months and months ago...........

Don't blame this all on Democrats on this one. Just admit your beloved Bush and his adminstration are just as much, if not more to blame. The Democrats may have only held the house for 2 years, but the problems started long before that. Bush gave a tax cut that our country couldn't afford, went to war Iraq which cost us billions, watched oil and gas prices escalate, didn't really do anything to unite the country, solve other issues such as social security, health care, and the jobs leaving here and going over seas, etc., ect. Face it Bush was a car out of control and nobody could have stopped it from going over the edge and crashing. We have been heading towards that cliff for at least the last 8 years and you blame everything on the Democrats when in that last 8 years at least 6 of them had a Republican president and congress.

Sky and others like him, I just want you you to say, if it is only once, that the Republicans are not perfect and they have done things wrong. I chalange you to list everything you feel Bush and the Republicans have done wrong.

It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Hurley, when i was typing that, i knew youd say something ignorant like that....lol....
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote: