Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
I voted before lunch... pretty quick and easy. I heard it was very busy in the early hours, especially downtown Chicago.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
I stood in line for over an hour waiting to proudly to cast my vote. It was a great time visiting with my neighbors and friends and others. I am proud to have the freedom to stand in a line to cast my vote with my youngest son in his first presidential election. I love America.
up at 4:30am and off to the polls. Three psychos to deal with but my patch skills kicked in and I schmoozed all problems, was prepared to take down this one psycho.

candidate was ahead in this lilly white community.

Strong early rush then really slack all day and no drive time rush either.

So many psycho provisional ballots,
UserPostedImage
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

How Come I only got one Ballot while the Guy the the Black Guy 08 Shirt got 4?????

No surprise there, huh?

I voted early. Had to go vote Dowtown where most of the voters were African Americans, because in my area they only had 2 machines and the wait was over 2 hours.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

Quote:

quote:

How Come I only got one Ballot while the Guy the the Black Guy 08 Shirt got 4?????

Funny you post that, there was a guy interviewed today who said he was registered in four different precincts and was going to vote in all four. Yes he was black, yes he was for O-b-a-m-a. Big surprise there.

Because it will take him four tries to get it right, or so he hopes.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by cny_chris

Voted a little while ago, easy in, easy out. Still using the old lever machines, the "new & improved" touch screen was sitting off to the side. Poll workers were saying that it was taking 15-20 minutes for people that were using it -- by my count, there were only 8 offices to vote for, and one proposition. Sounds like someone needs to go back to the drawing board.

Here we had a two sided paper. You shade in the spot next to the candidate,or yes or no next to the other questions.It is in a privacy sleeve.Then you put it in a scanner which records it.Should be a good and accurate system,this is Florida the capitol of proper voting ...Sarcasm intended...jeff
Voted a little while ago, easy in, easy out. Still using the old lever machines, the "new & improved" touch screen was sitting off to the side. Poll workers were saying that it was taking 15-20 minutes for people that were using it -- by my count, there were only 8 offices to vote for, and one proposition. Sounds like someone needs to go back to the drawing board.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JustJeff

Funny you should ask.I went about 10:00 am.Two people in front of me,no problem,they scanned my liscense,asked me to verify information.I told them my name and address,they then said that I had been mailed an absentee ballot.I said not to my recollection.I said I never asked for one and I have voted the same way for years.They said it would be a minute,that they would call some number to clear it up.I waited about 5 minutes and asked how much longer,they said the number was busy,and they didn't know how long it would take.I said I may come back later,I had my sister and brother-in-law waiting outside for me.They are down from N.Y. on vacation.
I will try again later...jeff

Well I went back around 2:30.Had my wife drop me off and I was going to walk home.Only about 3/4 of a mile and I can always use the exercise.
Had the same trouble as earlier at first.They kept saying something about absentee ballots.Finally one of the poll workers got through to someone who solved the problem which was that I was at the wrong precinct.LOL..I made the mistake of listening to the old lady up the street without double checking,as I knew they had moved our voting place.Hers had not moved and although we only live 5 houses apart they are two separate precincts.
I winded up walking to the correct one About a mile away,and although it was much busier than the first,I was in and out in about 20 minutes.I then walked home.I sure did exercise('[:D]') my right to vote today and then some....jeff
Quote:

quote:

Funny you post that, there was a guy interviewed today who said he was registered in four different precincts and was going to vote in all four. Yes he was black, yes he was for O-b-a-m-a. Big surprise there.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
I voted here in my hometown today. I waited in line for alomst 25 minutes which doesn't sound like a long line, however when you consider there is only 928 people in my town, that is a long line.