Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
flamo wrote:

Just look at today's video games. How close to real do you want to get? Even the modelers here will tell you the close to real the better.

Yes Flamo but dont you think GAMES ARE TOO REAL NOW??

Games are NOT SUPPOSED TO DEPICT REAL THINGS!! -- They are supposed to be FUN bud!!! (In the 80s they were INNOCENT FUN not like now)
Thank you JustJeff [:)]

Flamo - That's a great idea. There are plenty of veterans coming home (and recently arrived) who could use the work. Between them and local LEO's there should be plenty of teachers who can distinguish the difference for the kiddies.

I think "middle school"/Jr. High students are the perfect age to learn about gun safety in depth. Before that the majority should just be told, "Don't touch that". Exceptions will occur.

This is when they are usually expected to mature. They will be dissecting animals in science classes, reading more grown up books in English and begin primitive dating rituals; not to mention learning about politics and other real world horrors.

Later, in high school, these kids will attend Driver Education courses. They will be told the 4-cylinder '86 Honda they are practicing in is NOT a NASCAR vehicle or dragster. Maybe having gun safety courses off campus earlier will also help their parents and the Driver Ed. teacher mold their mushy minds around the idea of personal responsibility and CONSEQUENCES. [guns1-1]

Blake
I agree with Blake. But here is where the rub comes in. It's all about realism today. Just look at today's video games. How close to real do you want to get? Even the modelers here will tell you the close to real the better. Toy manufactures are the same. Just like mommy and daddy's. Add lack of parental supervision and what do you get? As for me maybe it is time for the local police, not the school system, have a mandatory course in fire arm safety starting in JR high. Part of the course being live fire training at the their firing range and let the kids shoot rounds from a pistol, rifle and shotgun. I believe kids will get a new found respect of the destruction they can cause. I learned early you can't put the bullet back in the gun after the trigger is pulled.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Originally Posted by: Blake 

Back on track -

Guns are tools.

In the 1932 Agatha Christie short story "The Gate of Baghdad", Mr. J. Parker Pyne, detective, picks up a borer, (a prehistoric flint) from the sand and explains its use to a young American woman called Netta. She asks if the ancients killed each other with them.

He replied, "No - it had a more peaceful use. But I expect they could have killed with it if they'd wanted to. It's the wish to kill that counts - the mere instrument doesn't matter. Something can always be found."

Children playing with TOY guns is fine. Parents should explain and demonstrate the difference between their TOYS and the parents' TOOLS.

Parents should never describe their weapons as their 'new toy' either. Using the proper vocabulary at all times will benefit the child.

Children are not allowed to play with the chop-saw in the garage - yet they play with the plastic equivalent to their heart's content in the living room. They can't drive the vehicles in the garage either, but enjoy their Tonka toys. They may not bake with the oven in the kitchen, but the EasyBake oven is fine.

"If it's heavy, put it down."

TOY guns should never be painted black or camouflage. They should be neon or some other silly, bright color. I don't blame a cop for pulling the trigger if the weapon resembles an authentic threat.

Blake

I must say Blake that you make a lot of sense.I see that you went on a role last night and responded to several posts,most of your responses I agree with..Its nice to see some common sense now and then..

I would never insult you and ask if you would consider running for public office,but please keep on sharing your thoughts on here.Maybe I like them because they are so close to mine...LOL......jeff
Back on track -

Guns are tools.

In the 1932 Agatha Christie short story "The Gate of Baghdad", Mr. J. Parker Pyne, detective, picks up a borer, (a prehistoric flint) from the sand and explains its use to a young American woman called Netta. She asks if the ancients killed each other with them.

He replied, "No - it had a more peaceful use. But I expect they could have killed with it if they'd wanted to. It's the wish to kill that counts - the mere instrument doesn't matter. Something can always be found."

Children playing with TOY guns is fine. Parents should explain and demonstrate the difference between their TOYS and the parents' TOOLS.

Parents should never describe their weapons as their 'new toy' either. Using the proper vocabulary at all times will benefit the child.

Children are not allowed to play with the chop-saw in the garage - yet they play with the plastic equivalent to their heart's content in the living room. They can't drive the vehicles in the garage either, but enjoy their Tonka toys. They may not bake with the oven in the kitchen, but the EasyBake oven is fine.

"If it's heavy, put it down."

TOY guns should never be painted black or camouflage. They should be neon or some other silly, bright color. I don't blame a cop for pulling the trigger if the weapon resembles an authentic threat.

Blake
I don't see much difference between Romney and Obama. I can't believe I'm saying this, but if Republicans take the Senate and keep the House, I'd rather see Obama win than Romney.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
Originally Posted by: Skywheelrider 

Both parties are beholden to lobbyists and that will never change. I agree on the Democrats, but Republicans are culpable in many instances, too. And this coming from a registered Republican. How do you know when a politician is lying? His/her lips are moving....and one of the worst in history is in the White House right now....

Agreed. Just look at some of our Republican candidates. Probably gonna be stuck with Romney. Although he is better than what's in the White House now. But Obama will most likely get reelected by deception and fraud.
Originally Posted by: Erik9976 

Agreed. But Democrats are by far the worst. part of the problem is all these rediculous (sp) lobbying groups.

A Democrats montra is "do as I say and not as I DO!"

Geewizz66
Originally Posted by: secret.squirrel 

It's simple. You show me a politician who is not a liar, cheat, or a thief, and I'll show you someone who hasn't been in politics very long...

My Grandfather used to tell me that he "never met a broke politician!"
Geewizz66
Originally Posted by: Skywheelrider 

Both parties are beholden to lobbyists and that will never change. I agree on the Democrats, but Republicans are culpable in many instances, too. And this coming from a registered Republican. How do you know when a politician is lying? His/her lips are moving....and one of the worst in history is in the White House right now....

Every president is worse then the previous in my lifetime. Was I just young and stupid or what is next?
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.