Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Its also nice to see different rides like the Merry Mixer when every other show has a scrambler or a sizzler.
There is always a market for the low budget pieces that are durable though. You could flash them up yourself.
I don't understand the interest in Gabrick rides.

To some it may be WOW, to others it is too much like a junk pile, nightmare; no redeeming value except to a low-buck operation.

There are too many other quality rides out there to mess with that stuff. Too rough, no flash.

UserPostedImage
Gabrick has one of their own on the road
photos from 2006 and from 2007 (sorry some are fuzzy, I must have had a setting wrong on the camera for some of them).
http://www.flickr.com/ph.../sets/72157600681833503/ 
They have quite a weird collection of rides, mostly made themselves.
I don't know how old they are but there are a lot of Merry Mixers still operating in PA. I saw several last week on a trip.
Notice their version of the Looper ride too - loads all at one time on a platform.
Great pictures, I really like that spinner. That is a sharp looking piece. In a previous post it was mentioned it was a rare ride, out of curiosity how many Spinners are still out there does anyone know?
Mark H
Ontario Amusements also has a Rock-o-Plane which I saw at a couple of their spots this year. They often have 2 units out.
Other majors on the show include Sidewinder, Tilt, Mixer, Paratrooper etc.
Video of the Garbrick Spinner:

D Hunter
I walked the lot again today about 15 minutes before they officially opened and took some pictures. I took a video of the Spinner which I will post on YouTube and post the link here soon. In the meantime, here are the pics I took today: http://good-times.webshots.com/album/566482331MIGKjX
D Hunter
This show has a sick (in a good way) collection of classic rides, with the Spinner, Tempest and Scat, if this show ever comes up my way I am there!
nice pics.

What you're calling Rock-o-Plane is really a Garbrick Spinner, a rather rare ride. For those not familiar with it, it has action similar to a rock-o-plane. The ride has 10 tubs that look like AH Looper tubs. Two riders face each other in each tub. The tubs are mounted to a 10 position wheel similar to a Rock.