Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Well, made it to missouri and back to Chicago all in the same day. Stayed in Chicago with a friend. Saw Kemp and Turpin (slim shady LOL) set up in Winston where I'd thought they would be. Looks like they got the Mini Enterprise tubs and Berry's painted a bit. Drove by WQ and the Fabbri wheel had been blasted. Spider, Swings, Tilt, Slide and the rest still looked about the same. Wish them the best (or the worst, whichever's first LOL).

All joking aside, it was nice to see that some things got done that I was at a lack of ability to see through (mostly by my own fault).

Also, saw Big H's stuff leaving Jacksonville. Gonna drop in on CVS today and see Jeremy Floyd most likely on the way home.
By the way Big H line up: Bumper cars, Tilt, Roll-o-plane, Zipper, Super sizzler, Tornado(KING RIDE), Merry go round, Pony Carts, Hampton, Apples, Dragon Wagon, Super Slide. Might be couple more kiddies just did a quick drive by. I am really surprised that Big H comes this far south in IL the fair is not a real big one. Tinsley had the contract about 10yrs prior to last year. Before that Matt Armstrong Shows.
Tinsley played Jacksonville until last year they used to set up a wheel, little wheel and scrambler. Evey once in a while they wouldn't have the wheel at the fair and the newspaper open line was blasted with comments about no wheel. Drove by Eli the other day they had a Hy 5 wheel half setup don't know if it was new or they were working on it. Blue trailer lots of turbos looked nice. By the way Eli has started working on other stuff besides rides to try and make ends meet. Lots of Farm stuff in rual IL.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by alibiguyny

not nice justin.

[}:)][}:)][}:)]
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by IndianaTED

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by aba

Big H Amusements is at the Morgan County Fair in Jacksonville IL. Approx 16 miles to the West of Springfield IL. Also the Jersey County Fair in Jerseyville Il, approx 45 mins South of Jacksonville on US 67 Tinsley's Amusements has the fair. Approx. 20 mins North of St Louis.

Jacksonville IL, home of the Big Eli Wheel and Scrambler (and others). I would hate to think that a carnival would put up a wheel of some other make or a sizzler here, might tick off the locals who may make their living from working at the plant.

Not sure there's been a wheel or scrambler built there in a few.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by aba

Big H Amusements is at the Morgan County Fair in Jacksonville IL. Approx 16 miles to the West of Springfield IL. Also the Jersey County Fair in Jerseyville Il, approx 45 mins South of Jacksonville on US 67 Tinsley's Amusements has the fair. Approx. 20 mins North of St Louis.

Jacksonville IL, home of the Big Eli Wheel and Scrambler (and others). I would hate to think that a carnival would put up a wheel of some other make or a sizzler here, might tick off the locals who may make their living from working at the plant.
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
Don't know where you will be but Swyear's are in Fisher, IL about 15 miles north of Champaign, till Saturday.
All Skywheels should be yeller.
not nice justin.
i dont smell em i just tell em......
Gotta run and get the rest of my belongings out of storage this week from when I was working with Slim Shady Shows.

Any shows around the Middle Illinois area I should check out along the way???