Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by bigdaves

What was your interaction with this outfit? What was the pay? Any stray chicks? Do they take care of their animals? Is this as tough as it appears, setting up and tearing down every single day? What do performers make? What kind of salaries are there, ie, electricians, mechanics, drivers, riggers, etc.?????? I could go on and on, however, I've always been curious if I missed anything. Back in the day working for my father, I always threatened to run away and join a circus to get away from working every ride that had the heaviest pig iron, mostly ely wheels, and Hemis.

No real interaction with the show, I was pretty much just a traveling fan for a few days while they were around this area. Not sure on how the pay is but everyone seems to being doing alright. I would say that it most likely is as hard as it looks. It is a constant gring like no other. But the majority of these people have been doing this for a very long time so it just comes natural to them. They seem to make it look pretty easy actually. The animals are opf course very well taken care of. At Youngs Dairy in Yellow Springs Ohio there was a large field behind the big top and the elephants roamed free for an hour or so, when it was time to come back and get a bath the strolled right back to where they needed to be.
thanks for the pics...
"NOW MICHAEL," said the teacher to the agressive youngster," what do you think your classmates would think of you if you were always kind and polite?"
" they'd think they could beat me up!...

" GO YANKEES "
What was your interaction with this outfit? What was the pay? Any stray chicks? Do they take care of their animals? Is this as tough as it appears, setting up and tearing down every single day? What do performers make? What kind of salaries are there, ie, electricians, mechanics, drivers, riggers, etc.?????? I could go on and on, however, I've always been curious if I missed anything. Back in the day working for my father, I always threatened to run away and join a circus to get away from working every ride that had the heaviest pig iron, mostly ely wheels, and Hemis.
DL
Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Mark H
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie

Spent the last week playing around with the circus, finally got a chance to upload some of my photos, this was as they pulled into Eaton Ohio Monday July 30th... I must say they were incredibly nice people and very welcoming to me.

http://good-times.websho...374020920102593346mjmwVn 

You missed a Jam Up Spot.....You could of called to say you were'nt comming....Oh well, I sold your loc about 10 minutes after you should of been there....lol
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by jimb

Thanks for the great pictures,haven't seen them in a while, do they
still have the elephant ride on a skyfighter center/

No they don't have any mechinical rides anymore, they have really down-sized their operation. This year they are a 3 ring circus and in 2009 they will be going to a 1 ring circus in a European Style Top.
Thanks for the great pictures,haven't seen them in a while, do they
still have the elephant ride on a skyfighter center/
Spent the last week playing around with the circus, finally got a chance to upload some of my photos, this was as they pulled into Eaton Ohio Monday July 30th... I must say they were incredibly nice people and very welcoming to me.

http://good-times.websho...374020920102593346mjmwVn