Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Does anyone have any information about a variant of the Eyerly Spider (6 arms - 2 tubs per arm) that had a hydraulic center lift rather than a offset mechanical swing center?
There are actually one or two eight-armed spiders in the world, and Mr. Hurley may have already released some pictures of one.
Northeast Midways in Connecticut had one out last year. Will see there show in a couple weeks.
Originally Posted by: wvscott 

is anybody out there still moving a puss, either single or double tubs in 2023 ?

There has to be.
Ride the Zipper?
is anybody out there still moving a puss, either single or double tubs in 2023 ?
Someone wondered about how long the Octopus has been around. A 1979 Eyerly spec sheet says the Octopus had a 40+ year history so that would mean it was first produced in the late 1930's !
Murphy Brothers had a Monster traveling with them in 80. Beautiful ride! The deck was wooden and varnished not painted. Was just thinking of this ride. Its Kismet I suppose as asking about Murphys was why I logged in today lol.
An end, even with terror, is better than terror without end. F.Neitzsche
Originally Posted by: Drummer1973 

I think the Octopus must have come out in the 1950s because the last scene in "Grease" which took place in the 1950s had an Octopus ride at their Senior carnival or celebration 😊😊

The Octopus in the movie "Grease" belonged to Allen Alevy owner of "Atlas Greater Shows".

The ride was on the second unit. I'm not sure who was moving the puss at the time, but Joe Cope was the ride Superintendent.

Ride the Zipper?
I think the Octopus must have come out in the 1950s because the last scene in "Grease" which took place in the 1950s had an Octopus ride at their Senior carnival or celebration 😊😊
Didn't Rod Link have a Monster in the early 80's?