Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Tre in GA

Yes I believe it is Mount Rushmore, it has been there for years.
Secondly, are we to ban all elements of Communist stuff in this country ? If so we better get started shutting down chinese foods (ive seen a stand selling chinese food on a show before) and stop selling anything made in China here. North Korea is Communist , should we close Korean restraunts ? What about Vietmanese places?
How about all refernces to WW2 Germany, I guess the History Channel cant show all those documentarys any more. Hey thought of another, that show Cooks Tour with Anthony Bourdain had an episode where he went to Russia ? Better send them an email and complain too.What about all the metal bands that went and played in Russia in 89 ( before the wall came down mind you) ? You gonna boycott Crue and Bon Jovi now? Hell half the rides on midways arent made in America any more anyhow. The problem is stupidity and looking at things that are different than you and thinking its bad because they are different. Wake up , get a clue and live in the modern world.
tre

You missed the point....The point I was trying to make is that a Midway is no place for any Geo-Political affliation...Especially a sworn Enemy past or present of the United States and Freedom around the World. Wether it be the CCCP, NAACP, DNC, KKK or any other group of Hatemongers their Logos should not appear on Carnival Rides....Where's the line to be drawn? Well if we can have a Commie theme is it OK for them to have a Nazi Theme too? What about a KKK Theme? We live in American and I respect thier right to do whatever they want in good taste or bad...I never once said BAN this or Anything...Some people don't like the Kamikazi name used on the ride to say it's worse then the Commie theme is a matter of personal judgement...Someone even told me that Kamikazis Killed more Americans then the Russians ( Communists)...I reminded them of the Brave Americans that died in Korea and Vietnam fighting Communist forces...

If indeed that is supposed to be Mt. Rushmore the guy did a lousy job or was working off of memory....Sure it's some kind of Portrait...I hope it's not Mt.Rushmore...I know it's a bad shot and hopefully some one has a better one...Lincoln is looking the wrong way amoung other things like George Washington looks like he has a beard...
Not knocking....just pointing out the Obvious...
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Is it possible to be pics of the Shows Founders or Heros of the Confedercy since they are from the South???

Anyone actually Find out if that is Indeed Supposed to be Mt. Rushmore on the Himi??? If not I'll ask them in my E-mail to them....
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

I missed the rukus here but I do want to day the Drew's MGR is the only ride I've ever seen in red/white/blue that I have liked.

those color don't get it when it comes to my eye but in this case it looks good.

PM me and I'll fill ya in....[;)]
I missed the rukus here but I do want to day the Drew's MGR is the only ride I've ever seen in red/white/blue that I have liked.

those color don't get it when it comes to my eye but in this case it looks good.
UserPostedImage
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 42WLA

What else, if not to spark a discussion or debate are these photos for? Are we to simply make comments like "nice pictures, keep up the good work"? Certainly the topic got a little heated but, it wasn't that bad. No worse than posting negative photos and saying things like "it looks like they dragged their equipment through the mud all the way from Arkansas"(that topic was never touched by the mod's and it was pretty insulting). The photos are nice but, the Hammer type ride looks a bit UnAmerican. Is it still OK to say that, it's just one opinion, no offence intended.

HOLY COW!!!! Somebody Gets it!!!!!!!
Nobody has scared me off from posting here. If anything, the discussion generated a fair amount of interest in the pics. [:)]

Unlike the pics of Reithoffer I posted around the same time...
http://www.carnivalwareh...topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24764 

As for ride theming, there isn't much more to say than what has been said.

Raymond
I agree we did get a little acually alot off topic at hand (pics. of Drew in Augusta). I did have a hand to stir it and i thank Matt for cleaning it up , I'm sorry for my part. All of Drews rides are in great shape and well painted (Michael 😎
I Don't deserve to be here
Withit, you're not taking a stand, you're typing in an opinion on one Web site. If you really want to take a stand, call the Drew's, voice your concerns to the people themselves hear their story, don't be a monday morning quarterback. We all know your opinion, and whether we agree or disagree you can certainly have it, but atleast over here let this go.
The name Hammer is a cool name for that ride, and seeing it in person the last two years in Knoxville, it really is a spectacular looking piece in those colours and when lit up. Still it is strange to see the CCCP and hammer and sickle on it. I like Ryan's view of it. LOL Yeah, we slapped them down alright and they still have not totally recovered. LOL

42WLA does have a point, part of the reason for posting photos is to spark a discussion. I think it's fine to say "nice photos, thanks for sharing" (unlike someone else here at MCW), but ten posts in a row like that with no discussion is kinda monotonous. Even when I post photos I hope to see at least a couple of questions of some discussion (I appreciate the compliments, but sometimes wish folks would add more, I always try to, commenting on certain photos or pieces, etc.). Just my 2¢ worth.

Nice photos by the way Raymond, Drew Expo is a nice looking show, and the folks that run it are fantastic to work with, as nice as can be, too bad the Seattle Wheel was not there, that piece alone is worth a drive to see.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
What else, if not to spark a discussion or debate are these photos for? Are we to simply make comments like "nice pictures, keep up the good work"? Certainly the topic got a little heated but, it wasn't that bad. No worse than posting negative photos and saying things like "it looks like they dragged their equipment through the mud all the way from Arkansas"(that topic was never touched by the mod's and it was pretty insulting). The photos are nice but, the Hammer type ride looks a bit UnAmerican. Is it still OK to say that, it's just one opinion, no offence intended.
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!