Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Little Caesar's is okay, can't beat $5 for a large pepperoni pizza, ready to to when you walk in. Their Crazy Bread is very good, their Italian Cheese Bread is fantastic.

I like Pizza Hut, Hungry Howie's is okay, Papa John's is good, Dominoe's is okay if nothing else is available. Here in Detroit we have Jet's Pizza, which is very good pizza. Have not tried Happy's Pizza yet, but everyone who has says it is excellent. Papa Romano's Pizza is not bad either.

I like Cici's. Their pizza may not be the best, their breadsticks are fantastic though, can't beat all-you-can-eat pizza/pasta/breadsticks/dessert/salad/soda for about $5 and change.

One of the best pizza places I ate from on Long Island was Victor's on Walt Whitman Road, not sure if it is in Huntington Station or over the city line, but right down the street from the Walt Whitman Mall. Great pizza. Another was Paesano's (sp?) in Farmingville (while we were in town for the Brookhaven Fair).

Another good pizza place was in Traverse City, Michigan, been a long time since I have had it, called Crusted Creations, some of the best pizza I have ever had.

Pizza on the midway can be hit or miss.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
rinebeck ny by the lot um um good
Pavalo's Pizza, Denville, N.J. Sal makes the best pizza on the planet![:p]
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by britt

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by SaraAB

I live near Buffalo, NY so there is so much good pizza here that I cannot begin to even talk about it, plus so many places that I haven't even tried. I have had Louie's Pizza from the Midways here (my mom is a huge fan of it), HOWEVER in 07 it sucked particularly bad, every slice of the pizza was burt and skimpy on the cheese too! There is usually a massive line at their booth but this year there were barely a few people in line, I guess everyone realized it was crappy and was going to other booths for food. I wonder what went wrong, does anyone know? This was at the Erie county fair.

that might be the same louie's that we have. was it a sit down joint with red and white canvas? he and mike pinelli played some of the same spots in ny. lou takes pride in his pizza and someone must have messed up on making and cooking that one.

Ok, it wasn't just one pizza, it was throughout the entire day, the main problem was that the pizza was really burnt (maybe there was a problem with the ovens?). Its usually really good pizza, just this time it was particularly bad.

Also, pizza hut here is really good. The location near me makes their dough fresh at the actual location, it is not frozen or anything. The trick is you have to ask for a "pan pizza", which is the standard. I think for some of the other pizza's like the stuffed crust the dough is frozen. This location has a really nice manager who is extremely friendly and is not afraid to give you good customer service, so pizza hut is a winner for me, even though we have a ton of other pizza places here.
There's plenty of great places in the lower Hudson Valley area of NY. Might be why the chains can't seem to get much of a foothold there. Lots of city transplants that make or want a NY style pie. I know of a couple pizza places where one slice is a meal -- it literally covers two paper plates... mmmm!

Central NY has some decent pizza places too -- Pepi's Pizza in Oneida, NY and Twin Trees in the Syracuse area both make a decent pizza.

Little Caesars, Pizza Hut, Papa John's, and Domino's don't come close to a real pizza... of course I'm just spoiled with great real pizzerias near me... [:D]
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Well like they say opinions are like a------s, everybody has one.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

Chicago is the worst in my opinion. Not sure what NY is like but I'll take a white pizza any day. I don't much sauce or cheese.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by mjcarniegirl

NYC sure does have the best pizza . A close second is brother brunos here in my home town of port jervis , ny [:)][:)] As for out on the road ....I don't know i havn't found one i really like recently . Back in the 90's phil vivona had a pizza joint his son john thomas worked in and i thought that pizza was good . always thought john was gonna toss the pizza dough up into the ceiling fan when he tossed the dough up in the air !! [:)]

Port Jervis. On of my favorite fuel stops. Nothing like getting cheaper fuel before NY or Pa!
Sneak fuel stop!
NYC sure does have the best pizza . A close second is brother brunos here in my home town of port jervis , ny [:)][:)] As for out on the road ....I don't know i havn't found one i really like recently . Back in the 90's phil vivona had a pizza joint his son john thomas worked in and i thought that pizza was good . always thought john was gonna toss the pizza dough up into the ceiling fan when he tossed the dough up in the air !! [:)]
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

My kids like CiCis...a Family of 4 can eat for less then a Dub...I still love Little Caesars Crazy Bread...

Can't beat that bread, plus a Fin for a hot & ready...yep[;)][8D][;)][8D]
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Hambone

Around here most everything is chain, Dominos yuck, CiCi's eh, Little Caesars yuck, Pizza Hut ok, PaPa Johns love the garlic sauce, Donatos yes of Columbus actually pretty good. We have 1 local "Big Eds" dont know about the food but they move a lot.

My kids like CiCis...a Family of 4 can eat for less then a Dub...I still love Little Caesars Crazy Bread...