Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
clients is a term they seem to like. and regular clients that come to your game every year you play the spot make for a nice paycheck each spot. i call them a following.
pacrat419, agent since 1984
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Predatorocks

^That's mean as heck, and I'm sorry but I'm not what you may think I am.

Well gosh darn it, on behalf of the chaps, let me apologize. They are really a swell bunch of fellows, and are only having a bit of sport.

Golly, it just makes me wanna spit when they are mean-buck up man (or man up , buck) they are just testing your mettle.
For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.
^That's mean as heck, and I'm sorry but I'm not what you may think I am.
maybe we are carneys and he is a fairy
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

引用:

quote:

^How would you like to be called a "mark" when you go to a grocery store? Look, that "mark" is getting a milk from the refrigerator. How can we get that "mark" to get a Snicker bar from the cash register?

"Marks" is just one horrible word to use for people that are buying anything. That's why they have words like customers, or consumers. Hey, there comes a dollar bill coming to my game booth. That's truly sad you feel like calling those people "marks".[V]

These were the rides at that fair if anyone cares.
Yo Yo
Chainsaw (zipper)
Wipeout
Tilt A Whirl
Wisdom Avalanche (Gee Whiz)
Whirlwind
Super Sizzler
Drop Zone (Super Shot)
Super Trooper (It’s a Paratrooper)
Cliff Hanger
Scooter
Zero Gravity (Rethemed Round Up)
Full Tilt (Converted Inverter)
Expo Wheel (Medium Ferris Wheel)
Kamikazee
Gondola wheel
Sea Dragon
Top Kick (It looks like an ARM Screamer, or Fabbri Kamikaze.)
High Roller
Tornado

Just out of Curisoity what line of work are you in?

The term "Mark" is now commonplace in the English Language....

He can't be that big a Fan..If he was he would know there is'nt any "Game Booths" there are Joints.... The only Booths Carnies know are the ones you sit in at a Resturant....

Us in the Carnival Biz have been called far worse things then a "Mark".....

i think you forgeting about a very important booth...the spank booth[8D]
引用:

quote:

^How would you like to be called a "mark" when you go to a grocery store? Look, that "mark" is getting a milk from the refrigerator. How can we get that "mark" to get a Snicker bar from the cash register?

"Marks" is just one horrible word to use for people that are buying anything. That's why they have words like customers, or consumers. Hey, there comes a dollar bill coming to my game booth. That's truly sad you feel like calling those people "marks".[V]

Yo Yo
Chainsaw (zipper)
Wipeout
Tilt A Whirl
Whirlwind
Super Sizzler
Drop Zone (Super Shot)
Cliff Hanger
Scooter
Kamikazee
Gondola wheel
Sea Dragon
High Roller
Tornado

Just out of Curisoity what line of work are you in?

The term "Mark" is now commonplace in the English Language....

He can't be that big a Fan..If he was he would know there is'nt any "Game Booths" there are Joints.... The only Booths Carnies know are the ones you sit in at a Resturant....

Us in the Carnival Biz have been called far worse things then a "Mark".....
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Greg

^You are obviosly a fan of the business?

I was thinking of some of the other things we've called customers, and well...Marks is not that bad.

Sure beats suckers, a**holes, and mooches....
For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.
^You are obviosly a fan of the business?
My albums are all on Facebook!

Yo Yo
Chainsaw (zipper)
Wipeout
Tilt A Whirl
Whirlwind
Super Sizzler
Drop Zone (Super Shot)
Cliff Hanger
Scooter
Kamikazee
Gondola wheel
Sea Dragon
High Roller
Tornado
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by gumbie

i've been there and worked the spot. it's nothing to brag about there is some money there nothing like the northeast come fair time. there r alot of people there but they don't want to spend any money on games just there to ride the hell out of the rides.

most marks do not come out to any carnival midway wanting to spend lots of money on the joints , good agents and good operations will get money . some areas of the country are better than others but the strong will survive.
with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage