Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
I dont know how I got to this post
BUT I will say I knew this DUDE from sales of everything T shirts Novelties Pope stuff you name it
The worlds best CARNEY you have ever seen
Kentucky Cornell Balloon Peddler ect
Called Me Me the best BEER GUZZLER GOAT
Hung out with Red Gates Carol Shelby ECT Big Ray LeMay AKA Beverly Hills Hotel Chasins REST LA Coliseum
I dont know how I got to this post
BUT I will say I knew this DUDE from sales of everything T shirts Novelties Pope stuff you name it
The worlds best CARNEY you have ever seen
Kentucky Cornell Balloon Peddler ect
Called Me Me the best BEER GUZZLER GOAT
Hung out with Red Gates Carol Shelby ECT Big Ray LeMay AKA Beverly Hills Hotel Chasins REST LA Coliseum
I recall Blake from my days in the West Coast office for AB - he was quite a sharp dresser and the man to see about novelties at the LA Sports Arena and Coliseum for many years. Plus he controlled the Balloon Peddlers Ball in Vegas too. Another colorful character gone but not forgotten.
From an email I received today from a friend of Blake Colemans:

"Sorry to have to report this but I was just told that Blake passed away last Wednesday.

As you knew he had been in pretty bad shape living at a Care Center in Downey California and receiving Kidney dialysis every other day

When I went to visit him last month he didn’t recognize me or remember much about anything. Although he did want me to find him a special gold watch that he knew a jeweler who would sell it to me wholesale…..so he obviously retained some of his old self.

I don’t think he had any remaining family and don’t know anything about services etc. An old friend from the business John George was the one that got him into the Center and the one who made all of the arrangements, after he could no longer take care of himself.

The “Colonel” will always be remembered for the great guy and friend of Kings and paupers alike that he was, and I doubt we will ever run out of Blake stories to tell whether it involved his life on the Road, the LA Olympics, his annual Balloon Peddlers Ball or the infamous Take a Peek at the Pope escapades. He was one of a kind and is already sorely missed."