Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Bill Mulligan told me they were trying to make the sides double fold so they could "pup" the Sky Quest...I guess that never came about.
My albums are all on Facebook!
fun city shows back in their day had a mulligan swings similar to the one dreamland has.
They took all the measurements off ours to build that one. I guess the didnt keep the original plans. Im not sure if they did it to that one but they were supose to eliminate the outer cat walk by making the trailer 50ft instead of 45ft.
i saw that mulligan sky quest up in michigan with jules and beck and saw it this fall with playworld in sanford nc. very sharp, nice looking piece. not exactly a wave swinger tho.
Well that did not take long. Had a photo on the computer here already. I figured since we were on the subject of Mulligan Swings, might as well upload a photo of the new version they built, only one of which was produced. As I said, originally owned by Jules and Beck Combined Shows, now owned by Playworld Amusements. Called the Sky Quest, I thought it was sharp looking for a one trailer swings ride. This photo was taken in August 2004 at the Wayne County Fair in Belleville, Michigan, when Jules and Beck played the spot.

UserPostedImage

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ryan

midwest traded theres to wisdom, where it still sits

Thanks Ryan. That answers the question as to what happened to Wade's Mulligan Swings as well, since they are one and the same.

I'll go into my photos again and post a couple of photos of Mulligan Sky Quest, which is the updated Mulligan Swings. Only one was built, Jules and Beck had it for awhile, now Playworld Amusements here in Michigan has it. Very sharp looking swings, actually.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
midwest traded theres to wisdom, where it still sits
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
How much of a difference is there between the Super Swing Mulligan built (in Chris' pictures) & the Love Swing....Which is harder to move, has more seats, gives a better ride?
Wow, I forgot about the multi-coloured paint job on Arnold's Mulligan Swings. Imagine that, me forgetting something as recent as that. LOL

Anyways, just for the heck of it, here are photos of all four scenes on Arnold's Mulligan Swings, the first from 1991 (this is the theme it had when it was with Wade Shows as well), then 1997 (wind surfing), 1999 and 2001 (colours), and a couple from 2003 (Twister, the theme it still had in 2006, last time I saw it).

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

And this is the one Dreamland Amusements owns, they had it booked with Wade Shows at the Delaware State Fair in 2006:

UserPostedImage

I like the green and white myself.

I'm thinking its about a 50 foot circle...Its kind of like the old saying "Flash is Cash" the top scenery & deck don't really change the ride but they add flash. Although I really like the Swinger, unless the top sign is removed, then its just another Chair-O-Plane.