Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
I think thats how it works in the UK, if you sue someone, and you lose, you have to pay money, its something like that (I am not sure of the exact details), but its not like over here where you can just sue as much as you want to. There is definitely some sort of penalty for frivolous lawsuits in the UK.

There is no doubt that the American population is getting more and more stupid by the day, on the midway this season I have seen many signs that say "SUPERVISE YOUR CHILDREN" in very large letters, I think its really sad that we have to put something in writing that should be common sense. There is more signage everywhere in general, I was at the mall the other weekend and huge signs appeared on the escalators with directions, these signs were not there before, and yes one of the points was to supervise your children.

The problem is what do you do when you have full grown adults that obviously need supervising? What is next signs that say "supervise yourself"?
Ok, here what you do to detect stupid. Place a brick at the entrance of the ride with a sign on it saying " VERY HOT, DANGER, DO NOT TOUCH." As a person goes to touch it, you know they are stupid, and off goes their wrist bands. Of course, the brick cant be hot, or youll get sued.
It should be if you lose you pay all the other guy's expenses. If the judge determines it is a law suit that shouldn't haven't been filed the that attorney should pay it. Watch the law suits stop.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
The chances of Wade NOT getting sued are somewhere between slim and none. Even though they are not guilty of anything, most times it's cheaper to settle out of court. Recently went through a case in Federal court where someone sued the company I work for and everything they alleged was untrue. We brought up to the Federal Judge that this was a frivolous suit and his ruling was that it would be up to the jury to decide, he wasn't going to rule either way. He said if you fight and win then go sue them. Company looked at the $ to go to court and fight it and decided to offer those filing the suit a VERY small percentage of that cost, and they took it without even batting an eye. Many people filing these suits know darn good and well they are wrong but file anyway because most companies will take the cheap way out and settle. It's a sad situation but unfortunately it happens a number of times every day.
There are certainly alot of dumbsh*ts out there indeed. lol The kid had more sense than she did, what the hell??? [?] The Giant Wheel is SAFE, them maniacs want others to think since her dumb*** fell out of a gondola, it's dangerous. She didn't obey the rules, so of course you're going to fall out. Just like on Eli Wheels, behind each car, it says Do Not Rock Car! Yet, what do i see sometimes at fairs with an Eli Wheel?, they're doing just the opposite what the sign says. [:(!] Burns me up when someone wants to put down rides like the Chance Giant Wheel, a bad ride, when it's not, far from it. Wade Shows better NOT get sued cuz of this, it's dumb***es like her that need to go back to school, read up on some more of them library books totally! [B)]

Dude, i got hurt on the Rainbow down at the MB Pavilion in the early 90's. When i was young, the Rainbow had great force, and i held on for dear life to the lap bar, and my back got rubbed raw big time, but do i hate the Rainbow? HELL NO! I LOVE it to pieces! I love all rides, it's the dumbsh*thead riders to blame most of the time for not following instructions. The Pavilion gave me some wristbands to come back the next day, and that i did, had a blast...did i ride the Rainbow again? YES! [:D] So for folks like that reporter, if you can call him that or those reporters, it's not the ride's fault, it's the dumbF*CK that fell's fault, not reading the dang sign about Do Not Stand!! [:(!]

I better not hear on the news at our state fair this year, before the rides open, " This ride might be dangerous due to someone fell out of it. ", etc..etc.. Dangerous huh?, the ride?, think just a minute you ***holes, the Rider didn't obey the rules, and you calling the ride dangerous??, you a dumbsh*thead too eh? LOL To whoever that works with Wade Shows on here, if that woman sues, show others riding the Giant Wheel, show her it's not dangerous, show her the sign that says Do Not Stand, ya f*cking prick! LOL Oh, so you're hurt, gotta make a big deal about it, well, you wouldn't have no dang broken bones if you had've just obeyed the sign on the Wheel's gondola, sh*thead. lol

~Ben
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by flamo

With-It,

Best pull your 'Ferris Chute' add. They won't read the instuctions, will forget to put it on or won't pull the rip cord and you will get sued for the above reasons. Also our resident safety expert will help the other side claiming it's a death trap.

It's still in the Testing phase...Hence the Comming soon...lol Plans are it will open automatically...If it fails to work you do get a Midway Bucket 3000 and Midway Mop to help clean up the mess.....

With-It,

Best pull your 'Ferris Chute' add. They won't read the instuctions, will forget to put it on or won't pull the rip cord and you will get sued for the above reasons. Also our resident safety expert will help the other side claiming it's a death trap.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
I heard locally (it's not too far from me ) that her young grandson was riding with her. not sure of his age. She is some role model for proper behavior on a ride.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Benjibear

According to Bill Engval, the comedian, stupid people should wear signs that say they are stupid. If that happened, you can refuse to let those people on and if somone does something stupid while on the ride the operator can hand out signs on the way out.

Everyone knows someone who is Stupid. If you don't know anyone who is Stupid, then it's you...lol

According to Bill Engval, the comedian, stupid people should wear signs that say they are stupid. If that happened, you can refuse to let those people on and if somone does something stupid while on the ride the operator can hand out signs on the way out.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.