Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
I Agree entirely i thinkit is b/s to look at our past i mean i can remember when i was young and you could join the carnival as long as u was 16 or 17 now 18 for rides but it shouldnt discriminate us for be the roamers of the world i enjoy the freedom of bein a carnie and this bill would basicall ban some people bein carnies.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by flamo

Well, if you going to have a bill include everybody, start with teachers, school employees, lawyers, clergy, politcians, all industries and businesses. We don't want to discriminate.

You forgot Cops....
But they do
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
Well, if you going to have a bill include everybody, start with teachers, school employees, lawyers, clergy, politcians, all industries and businesses. We don't want to discriminate.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Trucker090

http://www.cleveland.com...669229750.xml&coll=2 

Bill would require carnivals to provide employees' names
Sunday, September 23, 2007Associated Press
Columbus- Traveling carnival companies in Ohio would have to provide police with the names of all employees under proposed legislation.

The bill comes after a court- ordered check of a carnival company by Athens County Prosecutor David Warren last year revealed many of the company's workers had felony convictions, back child-support orders and outstanding arrest warrants.

The proposal would require the owner or operator of a licensed concession, food wagon or amusement ride to provide the names and Social Security numbers of all employees to local law enforcement within 48 hours of a specific request for the data.

Cuyahoga Falls Police Chief John Conley said the proposal would help police investigate the backgrounds of carnival workers, who often travel quickly through the state from county fair to county fair.

The bill isn't a reflection on carnivals or carnival employees, Conley said, "it just is a tool to help us better safeguard our community."

Warren, who testified in support of the measure before the Ohio House's Civil and Commercial Law Committee last week, said he was motivated to create the bill after he had to fight with a carnival company to see its employee records last summer.

A week after authorities responded to a fight at a carnival in a nearby county, Warren said he saw a man dressed as a clown acting suspiciously and targeting young women at the Athens County Fair.

"This clown, I literally mean a clown in makeup and everything, was asking these girls if they wanted to feel his muscle," Warren said.

Warren was rebuffed by the amusement company owner when he requested the names of employees so police could run background checks. The company refused to release the names, and the dispute went to court, where a judge eventually ruled in Warren's favor. By then the carnival had left town.

Ten of the 35 employee records provided by the company had fictitious Social Security numbers. Of the remaining 25 records, nine people had prior felony convictions, two had outstanding warrants and two had outstanding back child support orders totaling more than $89,000, Warren said.

Warren said he was floored by the information, and Rep. Jimmy Stewart, the bill's sponsor, agreed.

Stewart, a Republican from Albany, said that it only makes sense that law enforcement officers know the backgrounds of the people who work around children at traveling carnivals.

"We trust them with the security and safety of our children at these fairs," he said.

Buffo sought for questioning...

UserPostedImage

If GOSA gets in on this fight I will finally become a member.

Quote:

quote:

"We trust them with the security and safety of our children at these fairs," he said.

Then you're idiots for not watching your own damn kids.

What harm came from not knowing these peoples past records? None.

Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
http://www.cleveland.com...669229750.xml&coll=2 

Bill would require carnivals to provide employees' names
Sunday, September 23, 2007Associated Press
Columbus- Traveling carnival companies in Ohio would have to provide police with the names of all employees under proposed legislation.

The bill comes after a court- ordered check of a carnival company by Athens County Prosecutor David Warren last year revealed many of the company's workers had felony convictions, back child-support orders and outstanding arrest warrants.

The proposal would require the owner or operator of a licensed concession, food wagon or amusement ride to provide the names and Social Security numbers of all employees to local law enforcement within 48 hours of a specific request for the data.

Cuyahoga Falls Police Chief John Conley said the proposal would help police investigate the backgrounds of carnival workers, who often travel quickly through the state from county fair to county fair.

The bill isn't a reflection on carnivals or carnival employees, Conley said, "it just is a tool to help us better safeguard our community."

Warren, who testified in support of the measure before the Ohio House's Civil and Commercial Law Committee last week, said he was motivated to create the bill after he had to fight with a carnival company to see its employee records last summer.

A week after authorities responded to a fight at a carnival in a nearby county, Warren said he saw a man dressed as a clown acting suspiciously and targeting young women at the Athens County Fair.

"This clown, I literally mean a clown in makeup and everything, was asking these girls if they wanted to feel his muscle," Warren said.

Warren was rebuffed by the amusement company owner when he requested the names of employees so police could run background checks. The company refused to release the names, and the dispute went to court, where a judge eventually ruled in Warren's favor. By then the carnival had left town.

Ten of the 35 employee records provided by the company had fictitious Social Security numbers. Of the remaining 25 records, nine people had prior felony convictions, two had outstanding warrants and two had outstanding back child support orders totaling more than $89,000, Warren said.

Warren said he was floored by the information, and Rep. Jimmy Stewart, the bill's sponsor, agreed.

Stewart, a Republican from Albany, said that it only makes sense that law enforcement officers know the backgrounds of the people who work around children at traveling carnivals.

<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com