Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by stevo4
Hey Sixcat,

Taking a stab here. I found this old picture from 1986-87. I was bartending in Bangor/Brewer during the summer at Miller's Buffet and my friend's (the 3 in front of the joints) made friends with the British guys who came over for the summer (Two of them can be seen behind the counters). We followed them to Blue Hill and Presque Isle that summer and would hang out after the carnival closed. One guy was named Paul.

Any chance this rings a bell? Nice guys.

And what were you running when you were with Smokey's back then?

Thanks,
stevo

I had 4 or 5 joints on the show. I remember the English guys but don't remember any names.
Sixcats have nine lives
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Sixcat

I spent 9 great years on this show. From 82 to 91. I really miss those days. Bud had a cookout at least once a week. I made the gypsy hot rice. (I loved to see them sweat after they ate it.) I played this spot, PI, many times. When Bud had Bangor, we used to make a circus jump in there. It never was big but was good. I guess after playing Bangor it didn't seem so great but, I'd love to have it now. Ahh, the good ole days!

Hey Sixcat,

Taking a stab here. I found this old picture from 1986-87. I was bartending in Bangor/Brewer during the summer at Miller's Buffet and my friend's (the 3 in front of the joints) made friends with the British guys who came over for the summer (Two of them can be seen behind the counters). We followed them to Blue Hill and Presque Isle that summer and would hang out after the carnival closed. One guy was named Paul.

Any chance this rings a bell? Nice guys.

And what were you running when you were with Smokey's back then?

http://photos.imageevent...0shots/large/smokeys.jpg 

Thanks,
stevo
its been tough carr burned this spot up people are not playing many of the games food is good pop days are strong long hours in the hot sun
only good thinsg good about p.i. was the big breasted lemonade girl, the chinese joint downtown and the scenery of the suroundings..
i dont smell em i just tell em......
that is cool that they are fixing lights on the thunderbolt, i always thought this was a great looking show, but major lighting issues, saw them last year about 50 to 60 percent off lights out on most rides
Hey Gary thanks for sharing and as usual Bud has feilded a good line up by the looks. Like Jagger I also love to see Buds trailers as they are always painted up and look really good. I saw Buds thunderbolt in Bangor the other day, was wondering what they were doing to it. Anyways I read in the paper yesterday that gate attendance is up 27% from last year, I hope that is tricking down to the joint owners, how about it Phil, is P.I. good for you??
no more cook outs
I spent 9 great years on this show. From 82 to 91. I really miss those days. Bud had a cookout at least once a week. I made the gypsy hot rice. (I loved to see them sweat after they ate it.) I played this spot, PI, many times. When Bud had Bangor, we used to make a circus jump in there. It never was big but was good. I guess after playing Bangor it didn't seem so great but, I'd love to have it now. Ahh, the good ole days!
Sixcats have nine lives
there is a lot more than that where that came from
man that sure is alot of stock pouring out of that trailer...
Life is like a Merry go round has it's ups and downs but always come back around.