Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
I don't, good luck!
Ride the Zipper?
I'm trying to find out something about Lisa Richard's sister does anybody know what happened to her I know Golden's Empire winter quarters used to be in Theodore Alabama don't know anything else about what happened to any of them did someone help
Screenshot_20210430-052820_Multi-TIFF Viewer.jpg

Click to View Image80 View(s)

Screenshot_20210430-052820_Multi-TIFF Viewer.jpg

Click to View Image82 View(s)

Originally Posted by: midway1962 

the Bob Boling that had Mid South Shows was married to Yvone i remember Jimmy and Peggy Ackley had the flat stores, also Lou Weaver had kiddie rides and a popper, before he started his show, also booked in at fair time was the Mofields with a couple rides, alot of spots that Myers has now was played by that show, also Aldean Hall had the girl show'''' oh the good ole days

Bob had his winter Quarters in Panama City near the air base. Most of Florida was Air Force Bases then. Short Range Don, not Donnie, Anderson had the punk rides, King pony carts, race cars, and a striped down airplane rid and a homemade duck swing. He also had a cork gallery and a short range lead gallery.
Bob had a nice set of middle size rides, but oddly no Tilt. I ran the lead gallery and blew just before Mid South got lots network under cover TV coverage of Ackley's flat stores. I understand Miss Vickey got a lot of coverage.
We were there when I was a kid and Jack came down the midway smiling. My dad asked him what he was so happy about and he said he just mailed off the last payment on the show. I think it may have been Bolivar Tenn, but I wouldn't swear to it.
The Vinsons bought Golden Empire Shows from Ralph Hunt
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Jackpotter

I remember in the mid-80's they had a brand new Zipper booked on for a couple of years....man that thing would FLY....

So who did the Vinson's buy the show from"?

I'm trying to get more info, I believe the Vinsons bought in the late 60s.
Alabama 18 time National Champions Roll Tide
I remember in the mid-80's they had a brand new Zipper booked on for a couple of years....man that thing would FLY....

So who did the Vinson's buy the show from"?
I spent many seasons with Golden Empire Shows in the 80s.
The Vinsons owned the show at the time but were not the original owners. The route was not very good at the time, mostly still dates not many fairs.

Ronnie Brannon was the concession manager though his joints couldn't work in Pascagoula the show's biggest fair.

Rides they carried at that time were, Merry Go Round, Wheel, Scrambler, Tilt, Saturn Six, Himalaya, Tempest, Tip Top, Slide, Roll-O-Plane, Moon bounce and other kiddie rides. Guy Sears also booked a Zipper and Twister with the show.

Alabama 18 time National Champions Roll Tide
My memories of Gold Medal Shows as a rideman were of about 9A.M. hearing that crappy voice of PeeWee Johnson screaming as he knocked on the side of the door,"I know you're tired and don't want to get up and I don't want you to either but Johnny Denton does.Lets go boys."Years later I was with Larrys Amusements and had to go to his old winter quarters and pick up his tilt and scrambler when L.D. bought them.