Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
If my calander is right the show should leave DC area and end up in Lexington KY around that time of year not a bad jump if you have to be there before Lex. I used to do 1360 Lincoln to Nashville Labor day and open Thursday matinee always made it so that is an easy one.
"Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Holy *, what a ride!"
They Have enough rides to have a unit there with-out any problems. Have talked to alot of the people on the show and they are looking forward to playing the Fair.
Stop complaining...Nobody cares anyway!!
Reithoffer's ORANGE unit will have rides there.
Stop complaining...Nobody cares anyway!!
I’m sure other will have there own opinions, will say I’m completely wrong or that I don’t know what I’m talking about.
As others have point out the Blue and Orange Units very rarelt/don’t share many rides between them (except newer spectaculars), and that seems to be true to some extent (for example which unit used to have most of the rides in Tallahassee and which unit has most of the rides in Broward county). Be that as it may it still is one company/organization. Remember MR Reithoffer gave each of the boys a unit and there mom is still around. May be Pat had as prior commitment and could not be there so Rick covered for him. Or as you pointed out may be Rick is the current acting Face of the show.
And it’s my understanding that this spot will not be suit cased but indeed be Reithoffer Orange Unit equipment and possibly some booked in pieces.
OK, I need a little clarification...

This past week, Rick Reithoffer was a guest speaker at the Rotary Club, the sponsoring organization of our event. I was not present at this meeting, I do not belong to the club. But isn't Rick the manager of the Blue unit? And Pat the manager of the Orange unit which we are expected to get a portion of?

So is Rick just "the face of the company"? And given that neither unit is anywhere near Indiana at this time, doesn't his presence say something? I mean, some have implied that this might be a suitcase event for Reithoffer, doesn't this kind of dispell that notion?

Obviously I'm still in the dark on this one.
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
I had heard that it could NOT play in PA period... But it was in Bensalem last year. Who really knows?
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Benjibear
Someone told me they sold the Flitzer after the accident. I wonder if it will ever visit York again.

I'd highly doubt that it will ever go back to that fair. Accidents on a ride tend to make fair boards gun-shy about having it return, even with a name change.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
IndianaTED,
Been there a few times and if I remember correctly 20 to 25 in PA.
Tornado,

Thanks for the ride lists. Anybody have any idea how many rides from the orange unit they put in at their 4th of July event in PA?
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Sixcat

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Benjibear

The last time I saw the flip'n'out, it looked rough and needed some maintenance.
Does the blue unit still have a thunder bolt?
Also, I thought they sold the Flitzer after it killed a kid in 2001 at the York fair?

You thought wrong. The Flitzer is now the Indy 500. The Thunder Bolt is now the Tidal Wave.

Someone told me they sold the Flitzer after the accident. I wonder if it will ever visit York again.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.