wvscott
  •  wvscott
  • 63.5% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Friday, July 13, 2018 9:31:22 AM
some of you here might remember, or may even have worked the Hagerstown Fair back in the day when it was really something.

I remember going there as a boy in the early 1970's and Amusement of America had the midway. Back then, this was the only place around these parts to see that type of midway with big rides. I remember a sky wheel, sky diver, Himalaya and rides like that. They had the moto drome with the people riding the cycles around the wall, and of coarse the girly tent, when the ladies got fully naked. In those days this was an inner city fair with a race track right beside the rides, and Joey Chitwood would bring in his show.

Today those fairgrounds are a city park. The animals were moved to a new facility years ago, and the midway is small at best these days, nothing like back in the day
bigjlh
Friday, July 13, 2018 1:00:46 PM
used to go up to that area,during the fair and in summer months,to ftat track motorcycle races.was a go to place for racing.the fair had its hey day for sure.other big spots of that circa were cumberland md.real nice area.there are some spots up that way still operating i think.needed some decent trucks to get up and down those hills for sure.thnx bigjlh