Carnivalbuff
  •  Carnivalbuff
  • 70.36% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, June 30, 2018 6:29:20 PM
I had heard that the Vance County NC Fair had changed their dates from October to July. Can anyone confirm this? Is this spot any good? Thank you.
thunderbolt85
Monday, July 2, 2018 7:19:51 AM
I looked online and it said August, if I had the right one?
JustinJames
Monday, July 2, 2018 4:35:44 PM
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, July 3, 2018 6:47:29 AM
Originally Posted by: JustinJames 

It's a hayfield in one of of the roughest ghettos in NC. It was worse than a blank the one year we played it.

Remember those kind of spots, we played some rough ones that I remember, the kind where the rides mostly sit empty buy the games (you know the ones) make some money.

Where the sound of gunfire is not uncommon and the green help is looking to just work enough to get their next hit.
Carnivalbuff
  •  Carnivalbuff
  • 70.36% (Friendly)
Tuesday, July 3, 2018 9:37:24 AM
Yes, you are right Thunderbolt, it is August, not sure why I wrote July. A Virginia company is playing it this year and was just wondering if it was any good, but according to JustinJames, it sounds as if it is not. Thank you.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, July 3, 2018 2:01:25 PM

at one time a nice little county fair. gone thru several managers and the fair was bought by AofA and they do not play it. Old buildings have been torn down and no reinvestment into site. Manager now is trying hard but with limited success. dates change from year to year as how it will fit into a carnivals schedule as it changes almost yearly. I think I saw Cole Shows is playing it this year. RC has a nice show but the fair has had nice shows in there before.
Carnivalbuff
  •  Carnivalbuff
  • 70.36% (Friendly)
Tuesday, July 3, 2018 2:41:31 PM
Thank you Britt for the additional information. Yes, Cole Shows is playing it this year.
Carnivalbuff
  •  Carnivalbuff
  • 70.36% (Friendly)
Tuesday, July 3, 2018 3:14:05 PM
Britt:

When you say the fair was bought by Amusements of America, what exactly does that mean? Isn't it kind of unusual for this to happen and then for the company not to play that fair? Thank you.
JustinJames
Tuesday, July 3, 2018 6:44:12 PM
This post was just brought to my attention.

I recently sold an old cell to an employee who was let go a few weeks back. I had to change several passwords on many of my accounts and never thought about still being logged in here. Also, if you have recieved a pm from me in the last week or two, disreguard.

While Vance was a smaller fair, I would not be so unproffesional as to make such comments.

Thank you.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, July 4, 2018 12:23:51 AM
Originally Posted by: Carnivalbuff 

Britt:

When you say the fair was bought by Amusements of America, what exactly does that mean? Isn't it kind of unusual for this to happen and then for the company not to play that fair? Thank you.

AofA owns the fairgrounds. They bought it. way back when AofA had 4 - 5 units they played the spot. have not done so in many years.

Carnivalbuff
  •  Carnivalbuff
  • 70.36% (Friendly)
Wednesday, July 4, 2018 4:55:44 AM
Understand, gotcha now. Thank you Britt.
thunderbolt85
Thursday, July 5, 2018 7:20:35 AM
Originally Posted by: JustinJames 

This post was just brought to my attention.

I recently sold an old cell to an employee who was let go a few weeks back. I had to change several passwords on many of my accounts and never thought about still being logged in here. Also, if you have recieved a pm from me in the last week or two, disreguard.

While Vance was a smaller fair, I would not be so unproffesional as to make such comments.

Thank you.

Thanks for the update, and let me clear up my comment, I wasn't speaking of any fairs, I was thinking of old still dates in parking lots or fields. All of our fairs were very nice.
Carnivalbuff
  •  Carnivalbuff
  • 70.36% (Friendly)
Tuesday, August 7, 2018 5:36:22 PM
Vance County NC Fair is this week. Let me know if anyone goes and how it is.