mikecroaro
  •  mikecroaro
  • 56.2% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, June 2, 2018 12:32:16 PM
Hello Folks,

Someone on Facebook mentioned that the Davis's (Tom & Sharie and/or Tom, Jr.) had or were re-starting a small unit in LA.

Has anyone heard about this?

Thanks,

Mike

ridejocky
Monday, June 4, 2018 2:11:54 AM
Why not call and ask if the’re hiring?

What happen to CTS anyway? Seems like the had a nice show with a strong route and just went tits-up.
Ride the Zipper?
ridejocky
Monday, June 4, 2018 2:24:55 AM
Oh, googled and found out it is now Helm & Sons.
Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Monday, June 4, 2018 6:07:47 AM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

Why not call and ask if the’re hiring?

What happen to CTS anyway? Seems like the had a nice show with a strong route and just went tits-up.

They sold out a long time ago didn't they? Seems like I remember back in the late 80s or 90s when that happened, but yeah they had a really nice show from what I could tell in stories and pictures.

Didn't CTS or someone over there have a Huss Pirate they were moving back in those days?
ridejocky
Monday, June 4, 2018 7:15:05 AM
I left Atlas for Strates in ‘78, never worked the west coast (but for my sucker job) since.
Ride the Zipper?
mikecroaro
  •  mikecroaro
  • 56.2% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, June 4, 2018 10:39:09 AM
Hello,

CTS (Larry & Joanne Davis) retired in 1998 and kept most their rides. They did sell the Wave Swinger to Michael Jackson, and the Super Round Up to a carnival in Alaska. The Alaska carnival subsequently sold the Super Round Up to a park.

Helm & Sons (Dave Helm & wife Debbie Helm-Davis) started their own show in 1999. They had the Huss Pirate. They now have the CTS Huss Petersburger Sleigh Ride.

Mike
Tornado
Monday, June 4, 2018 3:46:07 PM
Originally Posted by: mikecroaro 

Hello,

CTS (Larry & Joanne Davis) retired in 1998 and kept most their rides. They did sell the Wave Swinger to Michael Jackson, and the Super Round Up to a carnival in Alaska. The Alaska carnival subsequently sold the Super Round Up to a park.

Helm & Sons (Dave Helm & wife Debbie Helm-Davis) started their own show in 1999. They had the Huss Pirate. They now have the CTS Huss Petersburger Sleigh Ride.

Mike

Thought the Sleigh Ride was a Mack?
Tornado
Monday, June 4, 2018 3:47:18 PM
Originally Posted by: mikecroaro 

Hello,

Mike

also, where did the Pirate end up?