Tornado
  •  Tornado
  • 91.54% (Exalted)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, May 19, 2018 9:45:34 AM
I also see on Italintl that Deggeller has their L&T Wild Mouse for sale. Says it has not been used much. Looks to be a bear to setup...

Deggeller Wild Mouse 

And does anyone know if they are still using the Zierer Flitzer coaster they bought off the pier in Ocean City NJ? Believe they used it some the first year they had it, but have not seen mention or pics of it since.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, May 21, 2018 5:09:20 PM
It's possible these ad's are the original ad's from before the time Deggeller bought them. They are slow to remove all ad's.
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, May 22, 2018 6:48:52 AM
I know that Wild Mouse they have came from South of the Border, that guy used to have a nice little park there, but over the years it has been sold off.

I bet the Flitzer is much easier to set up and only 3 loads as opposed to I am guessing 4 for the Mouse.

I think Deggeller bought a Wild Cat as well (9 loads) but never seen him use it, not sure what happened to it either.
Tornado
  •  Tornado
  • 91.54% (Exalted)
Tuesday, May 22, 2018 3:11:38 PM
Yes, that was the spot, South of the Border right off 95… Believe they used the mouse once (VA State Fair), may be twice last year, so assumed ad was by them.

And yes, Flitzer should be lots easier to move than the mouse with may be 2 less loads. I don’t believe they used the Flitzer at all last year. Did see any posts or pics of it from last year at all. The prior year, the year they purchased it, believe they used it at several spots (Salem being one). So not sure why they stopped using it? They use the Rip Tide a lot though.

The Wild Cat was pickup from Keansburg here in NY after Hurricane Sandy flooded and did damage to the park it was in. I read somewhere that they decided to stop working on it, so probably will never see it… And it would be lots of work to move and lots of loads…
Tornado
  •  Tornado
  • 91.54% (Exalted)
Tuesday, May 22, 2018 3:26:52 PM
Originally Posted by: Scott 

It's possible these ad's are the original ad's from before the time Deggeller bought them. They are slow to remove all ad's.

Actually I believe the ad was by Deggeller. It mentions that it was refurbished in 2013, which was during the time Deggeller had it and i remember seeing it at York after some of the refurb work was done.
Believe they trailer mounted the lading platform and added a Façade/scenery to the front of it.
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, May 23, 2018 6:55:01 AM
Back in the late 80s Deggeller booked in a small Wild Cat type coaster as well for a few spots. It wasn't as big as the model that Royal American had, but it was still a nice little coaster that moved on a few trailers.

It had a "western" or mine train theme to it and although not real high it had some nice speed and tight turns.

They also used to move a Chance Toboggan that was a nice piece, painted green and white with red track.

I'm glad that Drew bought that Wild Cat from Conklin, although he only uses at the North Ga. State fair he did a really great job restoring it.
Tornado
  •  Tornado
  • 91.54% (Exalted)
Friday, May 25, 2018 2:43:19 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Back in the late 80s Deggeller booked in a small Wild Cat type coaster as well for a few spots. It wasn't as big as the model that Royal American had, but it was still a nice little coaster that moved on a few trailers.

It had a "western" or mine train theme to it and although not real high it had some nice speed and tight turns.

They also used to move a Chance Toboggan that was a nice piece, painted green and white with red track.

I'm glad that Drew bought that Wild Cat from Conklin, although he only uses at the North Ga. State fair he did a really great job restoring it.

ya but they don't move their Wild Cat, Wade does, or used to. Funtastic Shows has one set up year round at the Washington State fair grounds along with other coasters and bigger rides...
Tornado
  •  Tornado
  • 91.54% (Exalted)
Thursday, May 31, 2018 2:37:55 PM
over the weekend was down at the Jersey shore and saw a Flitzer coaster, which made me wonder how many Flitzer type coasters are in the US/Canada on traveling shows, in parks, sitting in WQ's/lots, etc?

There are the one I know of and have seen in person:

Reithoffer has 2: Indy 500 & Racing, both with new vinyl wrapped aluminum scenery and LED lights

Deggeller has 1: used to be on a pier in Ocean City NJ and I have it there before Deggeller purchased it

Fiesta Shows had 1: call Grande Prix I had seen it on Fiesta, but since it has been bounced around to a couple of different shows and last i saw it it was for sale on one of the used rides sites.

On the pier in Wildwood NJ

On the pier in Point Pleasant (Jenkins Sons) NJ (the one i saw over the weekend

Any others out there?
Tornado
  •  Tornado
  • 91.54% (Exalted)
Thursday, May 31, 2018 4:42:11 PM
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

over the weekend was down at the Jersey shore and saw a Flitzer coaster, which made me wonder how many Flitzer type coasters are in the US/Canada on traveling shows, in parks, sitting in WQ's/lots, etc?

There are the one I know of and have seen in person:

Reithoffer has 2: Indy 500 & Racing, both with new vinyl wrapped aluminum scenery and LED lights

Deggeller has 1: used to be on a pier in Ocean City NJ and I have it there before Deggeller purchased it

Fiesta Shows had 1: call Grande Prix I had seen it on Fiesta, but since it has been bounced around to a couple of different shows and last i saw it it was for sale on one of the used rides sites.

On the pier in Wildwood NJ

On the pier in Point Pleasant (Jenkins Sons) NJ (the one i saw over the weekend

Any others out there?

here is the link to the old Fiesta Flitzer (Grande Prix)on Used Rides site:

Flitzer (Grand Prix) Link 
Tornado
  •  Tornado
  • 91.54% (Exalted)
Thursday, May 31, 2018 4:43:35 PM
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

here is the link to the old Fiesta Flitzer (Grande Prix)on Used Rides site: