rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, May 30, 2018 11:38:12 AM

Is this the era of the mega shows downsizing or will they replace these rides with smaller spectaculars?

RodB
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, May 30, 2018 12:42:25 PM
Maybe they just want to change up some, I like the water rides, but always heard they were a pain to move and care for.

Parks are adding more "family" rides from what I have seen lately, not to say thrill rides are going away, but families want to ride stuff together.

We have seen a lot of chairlifts added to fair lately, and Wade's big wheel and that tower ride made by Larson. Now waiting to see someone come out with a portable monorail.........Lol I wish but that would be hard to do.

A bigger question is where do shows go from here? What are going to be the next big things (rides), I think they have come out with about as many swing and flip you over type rides as they can lately.

Would be nice to see a comeback on neat and interesting music rides like the Swiss Bobs, Sea Storm (Mack), and/or Hang Ten type rides, or even rides like the Holiday Bounce (Defender) or those type.

Good family rides that everyone can ride together on without to much "thrill".
Tornado
  •  Tornado
  • 91.54% (Exalted)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Wednesday, May 30, 2018 6:59:47 PM
Originally Posted by: Erik9976 

The NAME (Farrow) one is parked for now.

Oh, Ok so now down to 1 on the east coast, for now!
Seems their popularity is gone...
Tornado
  •  Tornado
  • 91.54% (Exalted)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Thursday, May 31, 2018 2:02:50 PM
Ok, I remember chatting with a friend who saw a MONSTER flume ride on the Conklin Shows midway back in the late 70's to early 80's. Saw it in both Miami (Youth Fair) and Toronto (CNE) and he said it was much BIGGER than the flumes traveling today, perhaps 2 to 3 time bigger...

I never got to see it, but does anybody remember this?
BeauceCarnavalMan
Friday, August 10, 2018 8:26:39 PM
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

Ok, I remember chatting with a friend who saw a MONSTER flume ride on the Conklin Shows midway back in the late 70's to early 80's. Saw it in both Miami (Youth Fair) and Toronto (CNE) and he said it was much BIGGER than the flumes traveling today, perhaps 2 to 3 time bigger...

I never got to see it, but does anybody remember this?

Yes I remember it in the late 80's in Toronto. The lift was on the opposite side
BeauceCarnavalMan