rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Sunday, May 13, 2018 9:16:06 PM
Found a video of a Himalaya ride owned by Big Rock amusements that rocks the way I always enjoyed it at our state fair growing up. The DJ sounds exactly like the one who used to come here. Anyone out there know him and know if he has played Missouri before?

RodB
ridejocky
Monday, May 14, 2018 11:11:26 AM
Yeah, I think I know him: shaggy hair, dark tee-shirt, Levi 501s, heavy belt, work-boots, nice leather and a hottie hanging on the fence waiting for him to get s beak, that guy?

(Just kidding)
Ride the Zipper?
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, May 14, 2018 11:55:22 AM

Justin James. He can move a crowd when he is on the mic. He is the ride super with Big rock. Put that piece in top ten a couple years ago in Raleigh at NCSF. old school mic man. has lots of experience as a DJ. very good operator.
JustinJames
Monday, May 14, 2018 7:41:29 PM
Originally Posted by: britt 

Justin James. He can move a crowd when he is on the mic. He is the ride super with Big rock. Put that piece in top ten a couple years ago in Raleigh at NCSF. old school mic man. has lots of experience as a DJ. very good operator.

Your check is in the mail...

britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, May 14, 2018 9:01:15 PM

just stating facts. i will collect on the check when I see you.
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, May 15, 2018 6:49:30 AM
Justin James,

I am not a big fan of one trailer music rides, although I understand the need for shows to cut costs in these days.

However, I have a lot of respect for you and how you operate your Himalaya, old school. Watched the video and the light show was great, the ride looked great, and loved the horn.

I do wonder though, before Big Rock, do you mind telling us what other music rides you have operated and what shows?

Keep up the good work.
JustinJames
Tuesday, May 15, 2018 3:36:36 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Justin James,

I am not a big fan of one trailer music rides, although I understand the need for shows to cut costs in these days.

However, I have a lot of respect for you and how you operate your Himalaya, old school. Watched the video and the light show was great, the ride looked great, and loved the horn.

I do wonder though, before Big Rock, do you mind telling us what other music rides you have operated and what shows?

Keep up the good work.

This video represents a rare occasion that I spend time on the ride during operation. My responsibilities to the company often do not allow for much time. I still move the ride personally but rely mostly on my crew to handle the operations as I have trained them.

I am not a fan of the Wisdom versions either as I grew up around the Reverchon and Mack versions. But it is hard to beat a ride that can compete with bigger iron at a State Fair and be torn down in 2 hours. My theory is, make it as close as possible through presentation.

Thank you for the compliments all.

BeauceCarnavalMan
Friday, August 10, 2018 8:45:11 PM
Originally Posted by: JustinJames 

This video represents a rare occasion that I spend time on the ride during operation. My responsibilities to the company often do not allow for much time. I still move the ride personally but rely mostly on my crew to handle the operations as I have trained them.

I am not a fan of the Wisdom versions either as I grew up around the Reverchon and Mack versions. But it is hard to beat a ride that can compete with bigger iron at a State Fair and be torn down in 2 hours. My theory is, make it as close as possible through presentation.

Thank you for the compliments all.

I still think Big Rock should have bought Beauce's Hot Wheels
BeauceCarnavalMan
JustinJames
Tuesday, September 4, 2018 12:41:38 PM
Originally Posted by: BeauceCarnavalMan 

I still think Big Rock should have bought Beauce's Hot Wheels

We don't.

thunderbolt85
Wednesday, September 5, 2018 7:23:52 AM
Originally Posted by: JustinJames 

We don't.

What does the Hot Wheels look like, haven't seen that one, any information on it. I assume more than one trailer, just wondering about the ride?
ridejocky
Wednesday, September 5, 2018 11:55:26 AM
Is it the ARM Hotwheels/musik Express that google comes up with?
Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Thursday, September 6, 2018 7:05:06 AM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

Is it the ARM Hotwheels/musik Express that google comes up with?

ah, should have thought of that...