thunderbolt85
Tuesday, May 8, 2018 6:55:32 AM
These are two shows that I never got to see in person, however I believe that Goodings may have booked stuff in with Deggeller at the Upper SC State Fair because the Amor Express came in for two years in a row.

Anyone on here ever work or book with them? Just wondering what it was like on their shows. I have seen pictures and seems like some really nice midways, would have loved to have seen them back in the day.
Jackpotter
Tuesday, May 8, 2018 8:47:22 AM
While I never got to see the show in person either, from plenty of stories and photos I've seen Gooding's was "old school carnival" all the way. Equipment got really rough towards the end as I'm told by people I'm now around every day and trust. Milt Kauffman called me in my dorm room at College after I sent him a letter and a resume' seeking a position back in 1988...but I just wasn't able to take the leap. It would've been a hell of an experience though and who knows where it would've lead some 30 years later.
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, May 8, 2018 10:20:51 AM
Wow, that would have been interesting. I know that that Amor Express was being operated "old school", the guys were using the hand gestures to call folks in to ride, the tub load was painted up really nice, was fun to ride for sure.

Of course on the last Saturday they had stripped it pretty good. No top, tunnel, and a lot of scenery was gone.

There was a Music Fest in there one year with it, not sure if it was his, or another show, and then the next year there was a Flying Bobs which I am pretty sure belonged to Hardin.

That first year the Amor was there, they had a Viking Pirate ship and Polyp as well with a Thriller and Thor on the backend, often wondered if those were his (Milt) as well.