godsonsafari
Wednesday, March 9, 2016 7:12:57 PM
Interesting claim, but there's basically no discussion of this that's ever taken place to my knowledge. Claim was put out there that early Disney guests felt "nickeled and dimed" back when rides ticketing existed, so Disney came up with the idea of ticket books purchased at central locations. It seems fairly clear that kiddie rides typically had this kind of arrangement. But individual ticket booths for rides at traditional parks and carnivals were definitely the norm for many years. When did ticket booths and tickets used across all rides become the standard?
coasterkeener
Thursday, March 10, 2016 10:50:12 PM
Disney may have developed the ticket book, but the ticket booth existed long before Disneyland. Disneyland sold a book of different level tickets or coupons. The most popular attractions were "E ticket". Other attractions were "A" through "D". This would encourage guests to visit the less popular attractions as well as the most popular ones. I believe one could purchase different sizes of ticket books. I believe several years ago Disney changed to the pay one price admission that other theme parks use.
coasterkeener
Thursday, March 10, 2016 10:53:29 PM
Centralized ticket booths at carnivals with coupons good on all rides probably showed up in the 1970's.
nitelife222
Wednesday, June 15, 2016 7:43:27 PM
Ticket booths were around long before Disneyland.