crazyspin
  •  crazyspin
  • 59.46% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Sunday, November 23, 2003 1:27:54 PM
Well, this year fair is both bigger and better then last year's!
There have been several new ride additions and the fair board has contiued the fabulous relationship with Strates Shows.
On November 15th when I arrived to take Pictures of the Strates Train I saw a women as I was walking by the Coaches I sead hello and Quickly asked a couple of question, (I then found out how wonderfuly noligible she was.) Her name is Shannon and she has been with Strates for 23 years! [;)] She is a Wonderful lady! She does lots of work for Mr. Strates personaly and know him and the Family extremly well. When the Fair started I saw her at the Office compound and started another long conversation.
She was so Impressed by my intrest, later this Week I'm going to be able to meet Mr. Strates himself! and his Sons, Jimmie, John and Jay! [:p][:D] She was also nice enough to give me 3 Strates Staff Shirts!!!!! [:p][:p][:0][:D][:D]
Now finally onto the Report! lol! [:p]
Well, as soon as I walked in to see the fabulous Strates Kiddie land I knew they were as good as I hoped! [;)]
On opening day all the rides were running Except the Rainbow, Pirate and ReMix. (All were getting work done)
Because the Fair opened at 5:00 all the ride lights were on.
On most of the rides 95-97% of the lights were working! They looked very nice! Some rides showed there age, but most did not! [;)] Here's is a more in depth report:  
rated 1 to 10.

1. Huss Top Spin: 9.8-10. For being its age, It looks absolutly fabulous! 99.9% of the lights are working and it is very Clean!
My Only complaint was that a few of the OTSR's were a slightly dirty. But overall, It looked Fabulous!

2. Kroon/Interpark Giant Wheel: 8.5-10. Personaly, I was slightly disapointed at the look of this ride! (The paint was a little rusty) (Very Suprising!) But 98% of the lights were working and the seats were clean!

3. Ghost Train (Mike Scott): 8.5-10. This is a neat looking dark Ride! Has some good outdoor theming to it! And it was in preaty good shape, But I was a little disapointed in the ride! (Too many bussards and Sirens! [xx(])

4. Zierer Wave Swinger: 9.2-10. I like this ride! looks very nice! 95% of the Lights were working and it was running very well! It was also clean and looked well maintaned. Also has a brand new tarp!

5. Pinfari Zyklon [Magid]: 9.4-10. Personaly, this is my Favorite Zyklon! It runs the best and has the Nicest ride! (layout) It looks very nice! (Fabulous for its age) and most of the lights are burning!

5. Bertazzon Musik Express: 7.8-10. This ride I am a little disapointed in! It looks great from the outside! But once you went on it, there were lots of noticible flaws, most of the lights by the cars were out, or missing caps, and the tarp was a little dirty!
It is a little Disapointing!

6. Huss Rainbow: 9-10. Because it wasn't running I can't give it a full rating, but what I saw looked really great! The paint looks really great and the ride looked clean and Spiffy!

7. Darton Cliff Hanger: 9.5-10. The ride looks great mechanically, and it is clean and shiny! also 97% of the Lights arew working!

8. Orbitor [Magid's]: 8.5-10. The ride looks preaty good! 96% of the lights were burning and it was running good! but the paint seemed a bit faded and warn out!

9. Majestic Musik Express [Magid]: 7.5-10. looks decent! But the paint was faded, was slightly dirty and seemed to be running rougher then other Majestic models. 95% of the lights were burning.

10. ARM Touchdown (John Marconi's)[New]: 8.5-10. Looks nice! Its a very Interesting ride! 96% of the Lights were burning! The seats were clean, but the Paint was heavily faded in some areas.

11. Tivoli Remix: 9-10. The ride looks preatty awesome! (Except for the fact that it wasn't running the first 2 days of the fair!) This is a neat alteration of the Orbitor! 98% of the lights were working and it seemed to be running very good! But, the Op booths paint was severly faded in the front! [xx(]

13. Owen's Crystal lil's (Indi)(New): 9.7-10 Looks really Great! The glass was very clean (It took me 10min to get through the glass!) and has a nice paint job! 100% of the lights were working and the slide at the end has soem serious lube on it! because I flew down it! [:p]

14. Paratropper (Indi)(New): 8-10. Looks preaty good! most of the lights were burning and it seemed to be running well. Except it needs some touch up paint in lots of areas.

15. Wisdom Starship 2000: 8-10. Looks preaty good! paint is slightly faded, but 95% of the lights were burning!

16. Eli Scrambler: 7-10. Looks O.K! It lookes it age! and needs some work on it done! 89% of the lights were burning and
It needs to be cleaned up a bit!

17. Gravity Storm: 9-10. looks great! the kids were having lots of fun!
18. Huss Pirate: 9.3-10. Looks Fabulous! Its in really great shape! 97% of the lights were working! my only negitivity is that the Rules sign looked like it got droped or hit by something! (Huge dent)
Its also running great! [;)]

19. Larson Fireball: 9.2-10. Looks very nice! 98% of the lights are burning and It is very clean. It just seemed to be running slightly rough!

20. Demon World: 9-10. probably the best Dark ride there! Has fairly good tricks and was in preaty good shape!

21. Terminator [Magid]: 9-10. Looks very nice! 96% of the lights are working and it was clean! Its just the Op Booth had lots and lots of stickers and junk in it! including Visible nude women and Playboy stuff! [:0]

22. Chance Thunderbolt: 9-10. Looks very good! 99.9% of the lights were working (I coundn't find one that was out!) and it is running very good! my only disapointment is that some of the cars looked a little dirty to me!

23. Huss Enterprise: 9.5-10. looks very nice! Was running correctly! was going all the way up to its full potential! [;)]
The paint job is good and the Seats are clean! and 95% of the lights were working!

24. KMG Fireball: 9.7-10. looks very very good! 99% of the lights are working! Personaly, I think it looked like it just came out of the KMG factory! [;)]

25. Reverchon Himilaya: 7.5-10. This ride was a little disapointing! A large amount of the paint is faded and there is tape on some of the cars. 95% of the lights are working and it is running very smooth! [;)]

26. Wisdom Tornado [Magid]: 9.5-10. Looks very nice!

27. Wisdom Orient Express [Magid]: 8.5-10. looks fine!

28. Venture Himilaya: 9-10. Looks very nice! I think it could almost be an adult ride! [;)]

29. Titanic Slide [Wonderland] 9-10: looks very nice! The slide is very clean and tighty!

30. Super Slide [Magid]: 9.5-10. Looks very good! Very clean and well lite! 98% of the lights are burning!

31. Mario land Funhouse [Magid]: 8.5-10. Looks preaty good! Except the Glass on some thing was very fooged and dirty.
Has a Nice paint job!

32. Persian Kamel Fun House [Wonderland]: 9-10. lots of fun! [;)] Everything looks great all the tricks were working!

33. MGR [Magid]: 9.5-10. Looks great! It has a very interesting tarp! [;)]

34. Chance Zipper: 7.5-10. This ride was a little disapointing! It wasn't very clean and showed its age! Paint was also faded a bit!
But 96% of the lights are working!

35. Hrubretz Round-Up [Magid]: 8-10. looks preaty good! has a new sign. 95% of the lights are working. Except there is some Faded paint all along the rim.
36. Selner Tilt-A-Whirl: 9-10. looks very nice! Is running very well!

37. Majestic Scooters: 9.5-10. looks great! People are having lots of fun and it has some music Pumpin!

38. Cape Fear Dark Ride (John Marconi's)(New): 9.5-10. Its very large! Has a great paint job! and has some great Exterior Tricks!

39. Fun Slide: 9.5-10. looks very nice! Running well! 97% of the lights are burning! and has a Nice paint coloration!

40. King Circus (3-level. Huge!)[Magid]: 9-10. This thing is Monsterous! It looks great! but there are some tricks inside that aren't working! Besides that it looks great!

41. Wisdom Go-Gator: 8.5-10. Looks very nice! Except for the Tape on the Back of the Station.

42. Eli Hi-5 Ferris Wheel [Magid]: 9.6-10. Looks very nice! 96% of the lights are working and it is very clean!

43. Red baron: 8-10. lookes good!

44. Bertazzon Double-Decker Carousel: 9.3-10. Personaly, this is a great Carousel! very Preatty and Cleaver! It also looks great! 97% of the lights! Its also very clean!

45. Bumper Cars [Magid]: 9.5-10. looks very nice! I love the Antique cars!

46. Mini-Indy: 9-10. looks very nice!

47. Wacky Worm Coaster: 9-10. This is a very big Kiddie coaster! lol. 95% of the lights are up and running.

48. Hampton Pop-A-Wheelie: 9.5-10. looks very nice! Has a very colorful tarp and is nice and Clean.

49. Super bee's: 9-10. looks nice!

50. Gravity Storm: 9-10. looks fine!

51. Kangaroo-hop [Magid]: 9-10. looks very nice! I love the theming! Kids love it too! lol.

52. Dinosours: 9.5-10. This ride is so adorible! It is very clean and colorful!

53. Circus train [Magid]: 9.7-10. looks Exceptionally good! (looks brand new!) Has great theming and is so wonderfuly colorful!

54. Looney train: 8.5-10. looks fine!

55. Bumper boats [Wonderland]: 8.5-10. Looks nice!

56. Rio Grande train: 9-10. This looks fine. (There are too may train's!)

57. Fire Cheif: 8.7-10. This ride looks preaty good! except the paint is a little faded on the Backdrop. most of the lights are working.

58. Bumble Bees: 9-10. looks fine.

59. 4+4 Convoy: 9.5-10. This is cute ride. lookes good!

60. Construction Zone: 9-10. Looks very nice! Except the Exit sign is missing letters. (for some reason this ride reminds me of the
Zamperla Speedway) I love the little trucks!

61. Berry-Go-Round [Magid]: 9-10. Looks nice!

62. Kiddie Swings: 9.5-10. This ride looks very nice! Almost a miniture Wave Swinger!
63. rock wall: N/A
64. rock wall:N/A
65. rock wall: N/A
66. rock wall N/A

Well, Thats my very long trip report! [;)] Overall I had a Great! Time! Most of Strates Employies looks good. And Believe it or not! I found very few smoking while operating the rides! [:0][;)]
Also, The games and Food looks nice!

Overall I'll give the Fair a 9-10!

Hope you injoyed my Extremly long! Trip Report!
Thanks,
[:D] Andrew [:D]
cny_chris
Sunday, November 23, 2003 1:57:08 PM
Great trip report, Cspin. Your *****sments of each piece sound pretty close to my observations at the two locations I saw them this year. Considering that they have been out on the road since February, it sounds like they have taken care of things over the course of the season.

Quote:

quote:

She was so Impressed by my intrest, later this Week I'm going to be able to meet Mr. Strates himself! and his Sons, Jimmie, John and Jay! She was also nice enough to give me 3 Strates Staff Shirts!!!!!

You lucky devil!![8D][8D] Be sure to ask if they have anything new in store for next year.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Fly_By_Night_Carnie
Sunday, November 23, 2003 2:09:02 PM
55. Bumper boats [Wonderland]: 8.5-10. Looks nice! Where those Jerry Payne's
Retired but missing it...
"The hussle hard but we have to enterprise..."-Wycleaf Jean-

"For all your travel needs ... just give me a click"
Skywheelrider
Sunday, November 23, 2003 6:41:43 PM
Great trip report C'Spin, sounds like an awesome fair. Sounds like Strates looks exactly like I saw them in Ionia, Michigan in 2002, except there the Cliff Hanger had almost all the lights burning, and the T-Bolt was not completely set-up, but what was up all the lights burned. [:)]

Staff shirts eh? Heh heh, lucky you is right. I have managed to get some ball caps from a few shows but that is it. [:)]

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Drayven
Monday, November 24, 2003 3:55:46 AM
Holy cow Crazyspin, that is a lot of info (just enuff time to type it out and head back to the fair huh [;)]...)!!

They got a lot of nice pieces out, wish I was there and I have never seen Strates before in person. Keep us posted!

BTW sent you PM but dunno if you got it?? Thanks,

Dray.
Peace + Love = Information
crazyspin
  •  crazyspin
  • 59.46% (Neutral)
Monday, November 24, 2003 9:45:56 AM
Thanks Guys for your responses! [:D]

Nope! I didn't get your P.M Drayven! [?]
I've been having some trouble with my P.M.
[;)]
Drayven
Monday, November 24, 2003 9:53:04 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by crazyspin

Thanks Guys for your responses! [:D]

Nope! I didn't get your P.M Drayven! [?]
I've been having some trouble with my P.M.
[;)]

I sent TWO

Man, I thought you were gettin too cool for me or something [;)]
Peace + Love = Information
crazyspin
  •  crazyspin
  • 59.46% (Neutral)
Monday, November 24, 2003 9:58:50 AM
Oh No! Not at all! [;)]
I was wondering if you just didn't want too talk! [?]
Tell me when you seed the P.M! [;)][:D][:p][:D]
crazyspin
  •  crazyspin
  • 59.46% (Neutral)
Friday, November 28, 2003 12:17:48 PM
I updated my Report.....
Yesturdays fair went EXTREMLY well! Some rides (KMG Fireball, Enterprise, Thunderbolt, Himilaya, Top Spin) Had 20-30 min waits!
The line for the Fireball went around the Corner of the Midway! [:0][:D] Strates finally got there Huss Pirate working and it was doing great Buisness! [;)]
I'll post another reply later on Tonights buisness! [;)] (I'm leaving to go to the Fair in 20 min!)
Cstephens
Friday, November 28, 2003 2:53:52 PM
i'm a little disapointed that rainbow's not working, it's been operating at every event this year and it did very well. but i think this ride has had enough action for the season and i think it wants to go back to strates winter h.q and get ready for 2004 i'm sure rainbow had really wore it self out this season, i think strates might just take it down very soon and return with it to winter h.q for some work and new parts. i'm sure rainbow will look brand new in 2004, can't wait to see her next year, she's a beauty.
crazyspin
  •  crazyspin
  • 59.46% (Neutral)
Sunday, November 30, 2003 4:03:45 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by crazyspin

I updated my Report.....
Yesturdays fair went EXTREMLY well! Some rides (KMG Fireball, Enterprise, Thunderbolt, Himilaya, Top Spin) Had 20-30 min waits!
The line for the Fireball went around the Corner of the Midway! [:0][:D] Strates finally got there Huss Pirate working and it was doing great Buisness! [;)]
I'll post another reply later on Tonights buisness! [;)] (I'm leaving to go to the Fair in 20 min!)

Well, the past Two days have been Extremly Succesful for Strates and the Fair board! On Saturday Morning they Surpased they Atendence mark from last year with a very large leap! [;)]
HUSSRAINBOW
Sunday, November 30, 2003 11:14:03 PM
It's great to hear rainbow is looking great, just weird that it aint working properly, what seems to be wrong with it?, our rainbow is working great, well last year it only operated for 14 days, but that because the new owners are tight@sses and wont bring it to Melbourne, but I guess, ours is fine cos it doesnt run as much as Strates, but I hear they are very reliable rides......... [:D]
UserPostedImage