Ted
  •  Ted
  • 62.08% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Wednesday, April 16, 2008 11:51:07 AM
Up next in my recent winter quarters work is a Uni Glide Candy Factory. It is a 30 foot version. This is my first actual complete food trailer...lol... It took a lot of work and detail to get it to where it is now. I owe a thank you to a fellow model builder who helped me compile some of the detail! Anyways here are some details on it. The graphics were all printed on clear avery sticker paper, then clear coated multiple times to give it the bright look! The inside has a counter on all sides, back room, and I tried to make the acutal cotton candy machines on the front counter (you can see them in the pic). Clear styrene makes all the windows. The little pink roofs on each side are a sheet of patterened plastruct, not sure off hand what the exact name is. The inside scenery panels have the supports and I also made a little ladder for the area near the side door. Lastly the bally is from that printer fabric sheets! I really wanted to get some detail parts from model tech studios for some interior details, but I wasnt sure whether or not they would sell just parts without buying their whole food trailer kit. Over all I am very excited on how it came out!

http://good-times.websho...247119550036074235MDBAoC 

Next we have a couple of new truck additions. The first is a walthers solid resin International 9700 cabover that I spent tons of hours on! I took the dremel and shaved out the whole inside to give it an actual interior and hollow look. I then mounted it on a cabover frame from herpa and added all the extra effects with herpa truck parts. This truck is by far my favorite truck Farrow has. They had tons of them back in the 1990's but are now phasing them out as they are around 20 years old. I plan to make about 3 or 4 more of these and 1 or 2 of them for spaulding game stock trailers, if I every get around to it someday!

http://good-times.websho...020072440036074235reagHr 

Last I have a Freightliner FLD 120 day cab. Farrow has this exact truck they use to assemble rides that just need a smaller knuckle boom. The truck started out as an imported Italeria truck which was super hard to find and expensive ($20). I took the sleeper and air dam off. Added the frame, added a toolbox, leveling jacks, king pin and rear bumper. I made the headache rack from styrene and added the orange promotex knuckle boom. I am very impressed how it came out. The real truck is usually seen pulling the wisdom tornado. I put a photo of the real one next to my model photo so you can see the similarities!!

http://good-times.websho...267723230036074235BEyART 

Let me know what you guys think of everything. The chaos is 99% done and pics are coming soon once I add the lead line off the back of the trailer!
BSA Mike
Wednesday, April 16, 2008 11:58:14 AM
Ryan Russell
Wednesday, April 16, 2008 3:43:53 PM
That thing looks sweet. Always wanted one of those for my layout.
chuck walls
Wednesday, April 16, 2008 3:52:40 PM
Ted, I got to tell you that food trailer is absolutely beautiful, the graphics are the best I've seen yet, nice work on everything.
chuck walls
2ndgencarnie
Wednesday, April 16, 2008 4:06:34 PM
very nice...looks just like a real one.
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, April 16, 2008 4:10:00 PM
That popper has to be the nicest food joint model ive seen yet ! WTG !
rainman571
Wednesday, April 16, 2008 5:47:22 PM
Thats some serious skills!! I have wanted one of those Candy Factories for a while. I always liked the extra gingerbreading around the awning fascia. It's a small thing that adds a lot of pop.

Raymond
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Wednesday, April 16, 2008 6:24:05 PM
darn good work ted!!!!
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
skywheel88
Wednesday, April 16, 2008 6:44:51 PM
[:0]Holy sh*t! Wicked detail for an HO Popper, I am impressed, great job on the vehicles too. Dude![:D]
Kenny.

Skywheelrider
Wednesday, April 16, 2008 11:15:09 PM
That is just simply fantastic. Best food trailer model I have ever seen as well. Bright, colourful, awesome detail. Very nice!
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
powersbt
  •  powersbt
  • 52.56% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, April 17, 2008 1:43:52 AM
Absolutely Impressive. I echo other's opinions when I say that that is the Nicest Food Trailer I have seen yet. Very Nice Job on it.
What do you get if you crossed a Merry Mixer with a Berry Go Round??
3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Thursday, April 17, 2008 3:37:29 AM
Ted that is awesome. Wanna make some money? LOL.
Ted
  •  Ted
  • 62.08% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Thursday, April 17, 2008 11:31:48 AM
Thanks for all the comments guys!! I love to share my hard work as well as read about everyone elses! Now on to the next project...
Matt C.
Friday, April 18, 2008 3:50:14 AM
Looks great ted!
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
korny_carny
Friday, April 18, 2008 7:41:38 AM
WOW looks Amazing. Great Job