thunderbolt85
Thursday, January 3, 2019 7:17:19 AM
Wanted to know if anyone that comes to this site was on the crew that moved Deggeller's 1001 Nights that he had back in the 80s.

That was a beautiful ride, personally I thought better looking than the Rainbow. Have often wondered if that ride had the same problems as the Rainbow in regards to the tub hub point issues.

I believe there are a few in Europe that are still on the road, and Knoebels amusement park in PA still has one. They still have many classic rides like the Looper. They have Deggeller's old Dutch Wheel, but I believe their 1001 Nights came from CVS.
Teejay
Saturday, February 9, 2019 4:04:43 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

I believe there are a few in Europe that are still on the road

Here, in Germany the showman Michael Hartmann is travelling with a "1001 Nacht".

Daytime

Nighttime

This is a list that I am trying to keep updated about the 1001 Nacht 
Tornado
Saturday, February 9, 2019 11:51:36 AM
Back in the late 90's early 2000's RCS had a Weber 1001 Nacht on their miday. Not sure if it was theirs or not, perhaps Bishop's, but it looked great... And i agree I thought it looked better than a Rainbow (though Rainbow's look great too)... Saw it at Houston and at LA County.
Also, saw CVS's the year it played Dade county in Miami. Next to it , or very near to it, was Butler's Evolution. Yes, all the way from California... And on the other end of the midway was Conklin's Rainbow, with no back drop. Looks much better with one, but they never used one.

Also, would love to see the Weber 1001 Nacht racked... From seeing CVS's and the one with RCS I know the center was not trail mounted like the Huss Rainbow. The center and the gondola used what looked like a container style mounting/loading system, like what you see on normal containers coming off a ship. But never got to see it racked and always wondered how it was done and what is looked like 😞
ridejocky
Saturday, February 9, 2019 9:09:56 PM
There was a 1001 booked with States back in the ‘80s.

I forgot the guy’s name. Might have been the same guy Strates got the Tri Star from...

Yeah, I thought the 1001 had it all over on the Rainbow...
Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Monday, February 11, 2019 6:31:44 AM
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

Back in the late 90's early 2000's RCS had a Weber 1001 Nacht on their miday. Not sure if it was theirs or not, perhaps Bishop's, but it looked great... And i agree I thought it looked better than a Rainbow (though Rainbow's look great too)... Saw it at Houston and at LA County.
Also, saw CVS's the year it played Dade county in Miami. Next to it , or very near to it, was Butler's Evolution. Yes, all the way from California... And on the other end of the midway was Conklin's Rainbow, with no back drop. Looks much better with one, but they never used one.

Also, would love to see the Weber 1001 Nacht racked... From seeing CVS's and the one with RCS I know the center was not trail mounted like the Huss Rainbow. The center and the gondola used what looked like a container style mounting/loading system, like what you see on normal containers coming off a ship. But never got to see it racked and always wondered how it was done and what is looked like 😞

Wow, that's interesting, Deggeller's center was trailer mounted and the tub load was open and racked on a trailer that sat under the tub when the ride was set up, much like the Rainbow. What I could never figure out was how they got the trailer over the trailer of the center/tower load because you know the trailer for that was very low, but still.

And you know Conklin never used a backwall for any of their Huss rides, not that I saw.
thunderbolt85
Monday, February 11, 2019 6:33:33 AM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

There was a 1001 booked with States back in the ‘80s.

I forgot the guy’s name. Might have been the same guy Strates got the Tri Star from...

Yeah, I thought the 1001 had it all over on the Rainbow...

You know Deggeller booked his Ranger and Breakdance with Strates at spots, do you think it was him?

Loved that TriStar, rode it everytime, love the hum of those motors.
Tornado
Monday, February 11, 2019 8:29:58 AM

Wow, that's interesting, Deggeller's center was trailer mounted and the tub load was open and racked on a trailer that sat under the tub when the ride was set up, much like the Rainbow. What I could never figure out was how they got the trailer over the trailer of the center/tower load because you know the trailer for that was very low, but still.

And you know Conklin never used a backwall for any of their Huss rides, not that I saw.

Was Deggeller's a Weber or Huss-Weber? At some point didn't Huss-Weber build some 1001's together? May be this was when the trailer mounting of the center was done? Or the Deggeller's was just a newer model then CVS's the one on RCS...
ridejocky
Monday, February 11, 2019 12:36:18 PM

You know Deggeller booked his Ranger and Breakdance with Strates at spots, do you think it was him?

Loved that TriStar, rode it everytime, love the hum of those motors.

I don’t think it was Degglar,.
Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Monday, February 11, 2019 12:59:59 PM
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

Was Deggeller's a Weber or Huss-Weber? At some point didn't Huss-Weber build some 1001's together? May be this was when the trailer mounting of the center was done? Or the Deggeller's was just a newer model then CVS's the one on RCS...

I kick myself for not taking pictures back then, but I remember "Weber" on the ride, on the main boom/tower or sweep.

There are a couple of pictures of his unit at this link:

https://www.flickr.com/p...0542625/with/4917690951/ 

ridejocky
Tuesday, February 12, 2019 4:02:59 AM
Was there a guy named Reed that owned one?
Ride the Zipper?
swooper
Tuesday, February 12, 2019 10:11:00 AM
There was what appeared to be a brand new one at the very first meadowlands fair.
don't know wo owned it but it was a Webber
I always thought it was the one now at knoelbels but I am not sure
ridejocky
Tuesday, February 12, 2019 11:14:22 AM
What year was that?
Ride the Zipper?
Tornado
Tuesday, February 12, 2019 11:52:35 AM

I kick myself for not taking pictures back then, but I remember "Weber" on the ride, on the main boom/tower or sweep.

There are a couple of pictures of his unit at this link:

https://www.flickr.com/p...0542625/with/4917690951/ 

Thanks.
From the picture from this link this looks to be a ground mounted center. Don't see any wheels in the pic.

Deggeller Weber 1001's 
swooper
Tuesday, February 12, 2019 12:11:31 PM

What year was that?

Not sure but ill try to check some photos tonight
swooper
Wednesday, February 13, 2019 10:17:17 AM

What year was that?

was 1985
not band new but in great shape