thunderbolt85
Friday, November 30, 2018 7:03:09 AM
Ok, got some questions about Super Loops for you guys that have operated one. We never had one so I didn't get to learn the ride like others.

I know the drive wheels under the train make it move, much like a pirate ship. However, what purpose does the other "wheels" all the away around the loop serve? I figure there are "guides" that keep the train on the track, so just trying to figure out what they serve.

I know running the Sea Ray we had, you pushed a button and the drive motors did the rest, automatically switching the direction of the drive wheels as the boat passed. Do you have to do that manually on the Loops, sorta like the Loop O Plane?

The owner of the show I worked for at the time said he wasn't really interested in a Loops because of a lot of R&M for the ride. So what takes a lot of R&M on the ride?

Thanks for any info.
JustinJames
Monday, December 3, 2018 4:52:49 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Ok, got some questions about Super Loops for you guys that have operated one. We never had one so I didn't get to learn the ride like others.

I know the drive wheels under the train make it move, much like a pirate ship. However, what purpose does the other "wheels" all the away around the loop serve? I figure there are "guides" that keep the train on the track, so just trying to figure out what they serve.

I know running the Sea Ray we had, you pushed a button and the drive motors did the rest, automatically switching the direction of the drive wheels as the boat passed. Do you have to do that manually on the Loops, sorta like the Loop O Plane?

The owner of the show I worked for at the time said he wasn't really interested in a Loops because of a lot of R&M for the ride. So what takes a lot of R&M on the ride?

Thanks for any info.

The track has a total loop inside of it called the Inertia Ring. It is a sectioned continuous frame that the train is attached to one section of. The four drive tires never leave contact with the inertia ring thus continuously controlling the ride. The sections are filled with oil which allows cracks to be easy to spot. Each section has an axle assembly which is the other wheels you asked about. The ride is operated with a potentiometer in the form of a joystick wired to a servo on the pump. You have to manually rock the train back and forth to get it over the top.
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, December 4, 2018 6:50:06 AM
Originally Posted by: JustinJames 

The track has a total loop inside of it called the Inertia Ring. It is a sectioned continuous frame that the train is attached to one section of. The four drive tires never leave contact with the inertia ring thus continuously controlling the ride. The sections are filled with oil which allows cracks to be easy to spot. Each section has an axle assembly which is the other wheels you asked about. The ride is operated with a potentiometer in the form of a joystick wired to a servo on the pump. You have to manually rock the train back and forth to get it over the top.

ahh, ok so the drive wheels are always providing push, not just when the train comes around, thanks that was great information.