thunderbolt85
Tuesday, October 9, 2018 9:31:40 AM
Besides the Big E and the South Carolina state fair, what other spots does NAME have on the east coast (not counting florida either)?
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, October 9, 2018 7:55:38 PM
Not much if any others in the east. International unit now plays CNE in Toronto, Western Fair in London, Ont then goes west to Tulsa & Little Rock.
This years Big E was heavily suitcased with 5 rides from Coleman Bros and at least 9 from Fanelli, 1 from Gould Plus the usual 6 book-ins from Doolan.
ridejocky
Tuesday, October 9, 2018 9:05:37 PM
I never thought the big E was that good for rides.
Ride the Zipper?
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, October 9, 2018 9:31:53 PM
I've never seen the rides really busy at the Big E but the $ totals for 17 days are significant.
Allentown and Bloomsburg aren't big ride spots either. Maybe by late August/ September people in the northeast have had enough rides who knows.
olediggerguy
Tuesday, October 9, 2018 10:54:30 PM
I was told by NAMES president of international unit that Springfield was their lowest performing date of their route. Also having to tie up equipment for the better part of a month doesn't help any either. So they signed that Ontario spot a few years back to try and improve.With them suitcasing so much in the last few years, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave up the date when the contract expires.
Having played the spot many years ago, the fair considers the MIDWAY a necessary evil.
It would be interesting to see a bunch of east coast shows duke it out (and give away practically the whole store) to secure the spot.
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, October 10, 2018 7:01:25 AM
Their focus does seem to be more on the Midwest and of course Canada. I didn't know they were booking that many rides in at the Big E, but then I should have thought about it when I found out they were booking in a lot more for Columbia.

Columbia is not a bad spot, its not the biggest of course, and its not Raleigh, but still a good spot.

I do remember that Conklin would have the smaller coaster at the Big E, and the WildCat and Double Looping in Columbia. Other big rides would make the jump, not always opening on time, but most of them. I went one year on the first Friday and they were still setting the Drop of Fear up in Columbia.
Dave
  •  Dave
  • 53.24% (Neutral)
  • Operations
Sunday, October 14, 2018 8:30:38 PM
Originally Posted by: olediggerguy 

I was told by NAMES president of international unit that Springfield was their lowest performing date of their route. Also having to tie up equipment for the better part of a month doesn't help any either. So they signed that Ontario spot a few years back to try and improve.With them suitcasing so much in the last few years, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave up the date when the contract expires.
Having played the spot many years ago, the fair considers the MIDWAY a necessary evil.
It would be interesting to see a bunch of east coast shows duke it out (and give away practically the whole store) to secure the spot.

I have wondered how name does it different than conklin. The canadian dollar is low and fuel and sales taxes up here. Almost the same amount of steel as conklin on the canadian route. Calgary's a great spot 10 days of money Toronto same but longer to get the same cash.
ridejocky
Sunday, October 14, 2018 9:03:50 PM
Might go down to see them at Columbia next week, I heard Strates is putting 15 pieces up there.
Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Monday, October 15, 2018 6:35:03 AM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

Might go down to see them at Columbia next week, I heard Strates is putting 15 pieces up there.

I believe yes he is again, stuff like the coaster, Music Express, T-Bolt, DD MGR, and a few others. I don't think he brought the Pirate or Enterprise in though.
ridejocky
Monday, October 15, 2018 7:02:03 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

I believe yes he is again, stuff like the coaster, Music Express, T-Bolt, DD MGR, and a few others. I don't think he brought the Pirate or Enterprise in though.

Enterprise is in Augusta (saw it yesterday) but the Pirate is not, so it might be there.

Ride the Zipper?
BeauceCarnavalMan
Thursday, October 18, 2018 10:09:30 PM
They book in alot for Canada too. London and Toronto 10-12 rides are booked in from Campbell's Amusements. Also for some of the Alberta/Saskatchewan spots they book in West Coast Amusements.
BeauceCarnavalMan
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, October 19, 2018 10:57:24 PM
Pirate was on the Strates train going to Augusta so it is NOT in Columbia.