thunderbolt85
Monday, September 10, 2018 1:56:02 PM
You all in SC and NC keep up with the weather, or really anyone along the East Coast, this storm just jumped up to a CAT 4 and headed to SC/NC, they are comparing to Hugo.

Everyone stay safe.
wvscott
Tuesday, September 11, 2018 9:41:13 AM
are any shows tearing town preparing for this storm?

Not sure who all is where, but I see Strates is in Danville VA with the big wheel and other rides up. Based on what the weather channel is saying it looks like that fair will surely see some effects of this storm

who else is set up in the path of Florence?
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, September 11, 2018 12:11:09 PM
1. Mtn State Fair Asheville (weather channel is saying this storm will turn towards Greenville and Asheville and stall bringing bad flooding).

2. Powers is in Concord I believe

I know there are some other shows in NC like Big Rock, Powers and Thomas, and maybe Reithoffer (that may be next week).
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.72% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, September 12, 2018 10:16:58 PM
Concord, NC ended their fair earlier this evening.
Big Rock elected not to set up at Lee regional fair.
Strates is in Danville, VA No ststus report from there.
reithoffer has a unit in Frederick, Md.
JustinJames
Wednesday, September 12, 2018 10:36:35 PM
We are hunkered down in Sanford, NC praying for the best but bracing for the worst.

Greater Pee Dee Fair in Florence closed last night as well.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:04:29 AM

Read where Michaels Amusements was closing early in Greensboro
wvscott
Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:18:47 AM
Originally Posted by: Bill P 

Concord, NC ended their fair earlier this evening.
Big Rock elected not to set up at Lee regional fair.
Strates is in Danville, VA No ststus report from there.
reithoffer has a unit in Frederick, Md.

only half of the Reithoffer orange unit plays Frederick, the other half is south playing the Davidson Co Fair in Lexington NC 9-17 thru 9-22
rideguyray
Thursday, September 13, 2018 10:09:42 AM
Originally Posted by: wvscott 

only half of the Reithoffer orange unit plays Frederick, the other half is south playing the Davidson Co Fair in Lexington NC 9-17 thru 9-22

Yeah, you are right, the large stuff is up here in Frederick, MD which opens tomorrow afternoon thru next Saturday the 22nd, the rest went to North Carolina which would open next Monday.

Follow me on Facebook at Ray Fendrick
trucknut741
Saturday, September 15, 2018 12:31:39 PM
the local new said the mountain state fair here in nc.. will close today at noon instead of sunday night
thunderbolt85
Monday, September 17, 2018 6:56:45 AM
Actually I think the mtn State fair closed at 5pm on Saturday night instead of Sunday.

We still played our small fair with our concessions here but we were down about 50%.