BryanKFD
  •  BryanKFD
  • 50.18% (Neutral)
  • Green Help Topic Starter
Friday, August 10, 2018 10:44:04 AM
Our FD is looking for a midway for our 2019 Carnival, We have been operating field days/carnival for 80 years and need to find a new midway company. The dates we would like to do are July 11,12,13 2019. But if anyone has an open weekend in july that will travel to kendall please let me know. We are about 35-40 min from Rochester NY.

Bhardenbrook@kendallfire.com
Mr. Fixit
Sunday, September 9, 2018 8:15:57 PM
Topic moved to main forum for more exposure.

Have you tried the following NY shows:

Playland Amusements (Auburn, NY)
Hammerl Amusements (Buffalo area)
Main Event Amusements (Solvay, NY)
Ontario Amusements (Oswego, NY)
American Amusement Rental (Franklinville, NY)

All of these shows play the Rochester/Western NY area.
CAUTION, Administrator at work. This is a troll-free zone.

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." - Charles Darwin
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, September 11, 2018 12:02:34 PM
Kendall, NY had American Amusement Rentals in 2017 & 2018.
ridejocky
Tuesday, September 11, 2018 12:53:43 PM
Wasn’t there a show in Rochester NY?

Had some nice REO trucks...

Was it Ketch?
Ride the Zipper?
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, September 11, 2018 8:38:05 PM
Ketch shows operated out of the Rochester area in the 70's. Show went out of business by the early 80's. Vic Ketch died a few years ago.
ridejocky
Tuesday, September 11, 2018 10:13:10 PM
Originally Posted by: Bill P 

Ketch shows operated out of the Rochester area in the 70's. Show went out of business by the early 80's. Vic Ketch died a few years ago.

Didn’t he have a daughter? I only met him a few times, but he seemed like a good guy. RIP

Had a good buddy that worked for him in the ‘70s named Steve Siders, wonder what he’s doing.
Ride the Zipper?
BryanKFD
  •  BryanKFD
  • 50.18% (Neutral)
  • Green Help Topic Starter
Monday, September 17, 2018 4:08:18 PM
Yes we had used American Amusements in the past few years, but there is a possible date conflict with them. So I need to find a replacement asap. I have contacted most of the close shows. I was hoping someone would know if anyone had opening that are coming through the area.