bigjlh
Friday, August 31, 2018 10:54:10 PM
The Seattle wheel on royal American was trailer mounted,the velare version.i assume the ground mount shy wheel was a velare version,herschel models trailer mounted first one I saw was on single axle trailers.then improved from there some moved on three trailers a flat bed between towers for boom pieces etc etc.thnx bigjlh
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, September 4, 2018 7:41:49 AM
Originally Posted by: IndianaTED 

thunderbolt,

Elvis rode the original Velare Seattle Wheel in 1962. The Alan Herschell Seattle Wheel was not even on the road until 1965. So I really think that Drew's, is just playing a little Showmanship here by claiming the Elvis Seat. Actually, while the seats of the two wheels look very similiar, there are subtle differences. And the "extra" seat that Drew has, matches all the other seats of his AH Wheel.

In other words, Drew's extra seat is still a '65, while the actual Elvis seat would have been the '62 version.

I respect Drew's Show. They have a great midway, and I love that they still carry the big iron. I am really proud that they have saved the Velare Space Wheels, and hope to see them some day in person.

But they don't have the Elvis seat.

Ted

Thanks buddy for clearing that up, yep Drew is a great show and have a lot of respect for them but would want to know the correct version for sure.

I knew/worked for a show owner that loved to have pictures made when he booked in equipment with his trailers (or show name) somewhere in that photo which of course got shown to the committee's playing off he owned rides that he didn't.
swooper
Tuesday, September 4, 2018 9:05:27 AM
Originally Posted by: bigjlh 

IndianaTed,are both wheels same height?seems at one time it was said there is a little difference.not that it matters both are very unique.maybe the king ride both at one time.ok then thx bigjlh

thanks again Ted.
thats what i thought but wanted to be sure.

But where is the vellare one?
i remember someone picked it but cant remember who.