SHOWMEN'S MARKETPLACE - CLASSIFIED ADS

Click here to learn how YOU can advertise in the Showmen's Marketplace.

Home | News | Marketplace & Classifieds | Photo Galleries | Advertise | Contact Us
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Carnivalbuff  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2018 9:35:54 PM(UTC)
Carnivalbuff

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I was in North Myrtle Beach last week and noticed that Midway Rides of Utica had a a dozen or so rides set up in a parking lot close to the beach. Looked like a good set up. Does anyone know if this is their first year for doing this and if they have another unit playing their spots?
Sponsor
Offline britt  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2018 5:40:39 AM(UTC)
britt

Was thanked: 222 time(s) in 167 post(s)
this is their 1st year there. Dixieland I think was there last year. Harlan Bast before that. only one unit that I know of. I have been by there many times but have been unable to stop.
Offline Carnivalbuff  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2018 4:27:11 AM(UTC)
Carnivalbuff

Thank you for that information Britt. The show there really looks good. I hope they are doing well.
Offline thunderbolt85  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2018 11:06:50 AM(UTC)
thunderbolt85

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 182 post(s)
Was in Myrtle Beach last week, didn't get to head up to see MROU, however I did see them this past spring here for a still date.

I did go by Broadway at the Beach and the "Pavilion" there has expanded. The new Dutch Wheel looks really nice, lots of colors. They also have added a KMG Sicko/Beast, first time seeing that and it looks like a really great ride, very big and an attention grabber.

They had also added a trailer mounted Scrambler, and a few new kiddie rides to the line up they already had. A few things were sitting on a back lot including parts of the old dutch wheel, a Cliffhanger, a small Himalaya type ride, and some kiddie rides.

Went to Family Kingdom and they looked great, but no new additions this year. The Hurricane (Music Express) and Thunderbolt looked great.
Offline Carnivalbuff  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2018 1:25:56 PM(UTC)
Carnivalbuff

Thank you for that information Thunderbolt.
thanks 1 user thanked Carnivalbuff for this useful post.
thunderbolt85 on 7/30/2018(UTC)
Offline thunderbolt85  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 10:54:13 AM(UTC)
thunderbolt85

Glad too, however I am sad to say I have seen their Huss Pirate up for sale on one of the sites, it was still there when I was there, but I think they are getting rid of most of the old pavilion rides.

The Mack C.Piller is still there, but I wonder for how long. They did buy a newer version of the Matterhorn, its themed the American Swing, looked sharp.
Offline Teejay  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 12:51:14 PM(UTC)
Teejay

Groups: Approved Members
Germany

Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 Go to Quoted Post
They also have added a KMG Sicko/Beast, first time seeing that and it looks like a really great ride, very big and an attention grabber.

The ride is called (Afterburner) XXL here in Europe, and it is a really great ride. There are currently three of them travelling the German fair circuit (Konga, Best XXL Exclusive, Höhenrausch XXL), one in Belgium (XXL), one in France (Apres-Ski-XXL) and another one in the UK (XXL). All these traveling versions only feature inward-facing seats.
If you want to see some pictures: https://onride.de/viewtopic.php?t=10322
The Sicko is a different ride from KMG.
Offline thunderbolt85  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 2:10:24 PM(UTC)
thunderbolt85

Originally Posted by: Teejay Go to Quoted Post
The ride is called (Afterburner) XXL here in Europe, and it is a really great ride. There are currently three of them travelling the German fair circuit (Konga, Best XXL Exclusive, Höhenrausch XXL), one in Belgium (XXL), one in France (Apres-Ski-XXL) and another one in the UK (XXL). All these traveling versions only feature inward-facing seats.
If you want to see some pictures: https://onride.de/viewtopic.php?t=10322
The Sicko is a different ride from KMG.

Yeah, now that you said if I remember correctly two of the sets of tubs were facing outward, and two were facing inward, thought that was interesting. Sure is a big ole swing on that ride, some stomach loss for sure.
Offline Teejay  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 2:19:12 PM(UTC)
Teejay

Groups: Approved Members
Germany

Yeah, now that you said if I remember correctly two of the sets of tubs were facing outward, and two were facing inward, thought that was interesting.

Yes, these 10 seats outward, 10 seats inward were first realized by KMG for the first "The Beast" at Playland at the CNE in Vancouver (CAN). The Beast at Myrtle Beach is the second park edition of that ride.
In Germany there is also a huge version of a Mondial Mistral which features only seats looking outward, it is called Artistico. If you want to see some pictures: https://onride.de/viewtopic.php?t=64615

Sure is a big ole swing on that ride, some stomach loss for sure.

Yes, it is.
Offline BeauceCarnavalMan  
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 3:48:51 AM(UTC)
BeauceCarnavalMan

Canada

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 61 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Teejay Go to Quoted Post
Yes, these 10 seats outward, 10 seats inward were first realized by KMG for the first "The Beast" at Playland at the CNE in Vancouver (CAN). The Beast at Myrtle Beach is the second park edition of that ride.
In Germany there is also a huge version of a Mondial Mistral which features only seats looking outward, it is called Artistico. If you want to see some pictures: https://onride.de/viewtopic.php?t=64615

Yes, it is.

Its PNE not CNE.
BeauceCarnavalMan
Rss Feed  Atom Feed