thunderbolt85
Monday, August 6, 2018 10:58:50 AM
I see the Himalaya listed on their website now, but does anyone have any pictures, any details on it?

FB page shows they got a new elephant ride and downdraft.
bigjlh
Monday, August 6, 2018 2:57:35 PM
looked at a story posted by matts today on site of a west coast show.there was a bayern kurve in there line up,that is a oldie but goody on the road again.picture was posted with article.ok then bigjlh
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, August 6, 2018 3:27:50 PM
Last I knew PGAM Himalaya was partially set up in WQ awaiting final refurb tasks. Anybody have an update?
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, August 6, 2018 9:14:12 PM
Originally Posted by: Bill P 

Last I knew PGAM Himalaya was partially set up in WQ awaiting final refurb tasks. Anybody have an update?

Last time I was over there Structure was set up outside awaiting a new trailer. scenery painted by T J is beautiful and it is going to be something to look at when up. new cars are made and ready. do not know if anyone has been working on it this summer. might be over that way this week.

ridejocky
Monday, August 6, 2018 10:09:00 PM
What model is it?
Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, August 7, 2018 7:06:45 AM
Originally Posted by: bigjlh 

looked at a story posted by matts today on site of a west coast show.there was a bayern kurve in there line up,that is a oldie but goody on the road again.picture was posted with article.ok then bigjlh

Yeah saw that, I wonder if that is the old Nova Expo Bayern Kurve, I heard it went west when it was sold at the auction. If it is sure does look nice.
bigjlh
Tuesday, August 7, 2018 9:48:09 PM
ridejocky,looks to be a reverchon,with that two tier roof.always liked a mack myself but reverchon was a solid piece.if remember correctly most of those had hydraulic sweep motors.oposed to the electric on a mack.iirc.did floyd and baxter have there revechon on strates when you were there? they had a couple of them and a pretty sharp mack himalaya.ok then bigjlh
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, August 8, 2018 6:37:25 AM
Originally Posted by: bigjlh 

ridejocky,looks to be a reverchon,with that two tier roof.always liked a mack myself but reverchon was a solid piece.if remember correctly most of those had hydraulic sweep motors.oposed to the electric on a mack.iirc.did floyd and baxter have there revechon on strates when you were there? they had a couple of them and a pretty sharp mack himalaya.ok then bigjlh

ridejocky might can answer this better, but I think that F&B had at least one Himi, the Flying Bobs (at one time), and a F&B Scooter, I guess Strates bought all of them over time. Now that's what I heard, and that could be wrong, what say you ridejocky?
ridejocky
Wednesday, August 8, 2018 8:18:47 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

ridejocky might can answer this better, but I think that F&B had at least one Himi, the Flying Bobs (at one time), and a F&B Scooter, I guess Strates bought all of them over time. Now that's what I heard, and that could be wrong, what say you ridejocky?

I started with Strates in ‘78.

Strates had already bought the Flying Bobs from F & B, and had an F & B Scooter,. I do not think Strates bought a Himilaya from F & B.

In ‘78 Wayne Thomson booked his Reverchon with Strates for the year. The next year Strates partnered with Darrel Culp and bought a new Reverchon for the ‘79 season.

I always liked the Reverchon better. Thought it looked classier and it had 24 tubs rather that 20....pretty tough to beat...

I also liked the old style pearl & chrome tubs better than the metalflake & navy..,the orange and black canvas was nice as well...

Ride the Zipper?
bigjlh
Wednesday, August 8, 2018 8:53:36 AM
yes those reverchons were nice seemed the dips and hills were more pronounced then a mack,always liked those skiers on the tubs.silver medallions nice touch.they all had there unique style to them.the reverchon kind of looked like a early model 22 pole mack.there are some nice ones still on routes.ok then bigjlh
bigjlh
Wednesday, August 8, 2018 12:38:51 PM
always liked those columns on a reverchon,either side of front loading platform,distinct look to it,well here go,s got to give thunderbolt big props for keeping us engaged on site with topic,s by no means trying to cheese up.but it is what it is.also ridejocky with his input.keeps us old iron guys thinking about the good ole days.the old part was directed to my self.lol.ok then bigjlh
bigjlh
Wednesday, August 8, 2018 12:50:58 PM
and can't forget the famous pinetar.he did it all always with it and for it,and his unique way of getting certain posters ranged up.miss that and his input.got of topic but it just hit me.ok then bigjlh,not really off topic he had a sharp topless reverchon.flashy piece.
Astro85
Wednesday, August 8, 2018 1:25:48 PM
Why is it that the big Himalaya’s are always made by European companies. You see Mack, Reverchon, SDC, etc. why hasn’t an American company made one? We certainly have the big, two truck bobs rides but no Himalayas. I would think a company like Chance would be able to manufacture one.
bigjlh
Wednesday, August 8, 2018 2:24:59 PM
astro85 very valid question.the only chance mfg.piece was years ago it was the olympic bobs.clone to a bayern kurve,i guess maybe those european builders had a jump on us builders,of those huge pieces.when they started hitting our shores.they pretty much had the ex.on them a lot pieces would hit those parks on east coast.be showcased and sold at least thats how i remember it.maybe kind of hard to duplicate.the flying bobs.and those chance pieces came close i would say.but look at a true mack matterhorn,or mack himalaya.always looked good.really cant answear your quuestion.economic,s maybe.and currency exchange at time of purchase.now a days its less loads for shows,but some do carry multi trailer pieces,some one stated here a while back the patron can not tell the diffrence.long winded in summary i really dont know.but I'm sure somebody here will answear to your question better then me.ok then bigjlh
IndianaTED
Wednesday, August 8, 2018 8:25:32 PM
Count me in as a fan of the Reverchon Himalaya, but certainly a Mack is always welcome on any midway I visit.
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.