Carnivalbuff
  •  Carnivalbuff
  • 70.36% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Tuesday, July 10, 2018 11:06:21 AM
Can anyone point me in the right direction for any type of "free" help with the best means/methods of marketing a volunteer fire/rescue fundraising carnival?
I know this has changed quite drastically over the last few years with the popularity of social media now. Not sure if there is any type of printed material over the internet or not that could help. Thank you.
blgarrett42
Friday, July 13, 2018 2:09:41 PM
Originally Posted by: Carnivalbuff 

Can anyone point me in the right direction for any type of "free" help with the best means/methods of marketing a volunteer fire/rescue fundraising carnival?
I know this has changed quite drastically over the last few years with the popularity of social media now. Not sure if there is any type of printed material over the internet or not that could help. Thank you.

I used to run a traveling ATV Series, we would book in with county fairs across Tennessee. Our best method of promotion was Facebook events. Create an event for the area and offer "share contests" where individuals could share a post linking to the event for a chance to win free tickets. You can also boost the posts to target certain demographics, for example, a 30-mile radius of the fairgrounds. This can be relatively cheap, we would spend around 30-40 bucks an event. Besides Facebook events we did do some radio promotion, most radio stations would trade you some air time for displaying their banners at the event. I know it's not carnival related but maybe it'll help!
Carnivalbuff
  •  Carnivalbuff
  • 70.36% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Friday, July 13, 2018 5:21:40 PM
Yes, that helps tremendously. Thank you for that information.