thunderbolt85
Monday, July 9, 2018 2:11:23 PM
Not sure if you all have seen this Chance Tumbler Video, pretty neat, the location is Six Flags over Ga.

Then I found this one of some good old classics rides from 1970 I think, not sure of the show or location:

bigjlh
Tuesday, July 10, 2018 7:05:20 PM
thunderbolt,that seems like a lot of iron on those sizzor lifts,kind of like skydiver design.any recollection of span of main axle between sizzor supports.looks massive,thanks for post looks interesting to say the least.
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, July 11, 2018 6:50:57 AM
Yep, your right a whole lot iron for sure. Sorry I don't have the specifics on the trailers and such, but here are some more picture out there on google, I believe one of them is at SFOG again, then two of them at Chance.

Sorta looks like two Diver trailers, only bigger. Can you imagine having to tear that down on some hot night after closing. Looks like the tubs alone might take two loads, two loads for the tower, several loads for the center and the wheel sweeps.

https://www.flickr.com/p.../sets/72157623078986393/ 
bigjlh
Thursday, July 12, 2018 9:16:54 AM
thunderbolt,to me it looks like after wheels and tubs are sloughed,those sizzor lifts lower the truss section to waiting flatbed just speculation on my part huge piece to work on for sure.would like to see set up and slough.but we know that piece is long gone.pretty wild concept.thanks for post.got to give you credit for your posts.keeps things on site interesting.thanks.bigjlh
thunderbolt85
Friday, July 13, 2018 6:58:49 AM
Thanks bigjlh,

Yeah, you may be right on the cross sections, either that or a crane to load them.

Yeah, think I read on here that riders reported that it was real uncomfortable hanging upside down on that ride, maybe why it didn't do well and its large size.

Heard comments like that as well about the sky diver which is a shame, its a beautiful ride, but with little ridership, two loads, and as we saw this past spring so dangerous in wind storms I just don't think we are going to see many Divers out there.
ridejocky
Sunday, July 15, 2018 11:31:10 AM
Looks like the wheel diameter is about 35’

Pretty crazy piece....
Ride the Zipper?