Tornado
  •  Tornado
  • 91.54% (Exalted)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Friday, May 18, 2018 6:35:39 PM
I see from the Italintl used ride site that Wade has SOLD their White Water Flume (see last item on list... Wonder who bought it? Hopefully it will still be traveling in the US...

At least I don't see the RainBow and Fighter listed :-)

Wade Flume 

Pic of Wade Flume 

I also see they have both the Schwarzkopf Comet II (AKA Wild Cat) and the RC 48. Don't believe they us either very much any more.

Wade Comet coaster 

Wade RC48 Coaster 

rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, May 19, 2018 9:52:40 AM
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

I see from the Italintl used ride site that Wade has SOLD their White Water Flume (see last item on list... Wonder who bought it? Hopefully it will still be traveling in the US...

At least I don't see the RainBow and Fighter listed :-)

Wade Flume 

Pic of Wade Flume 

I also see they have both the Schwarzkopf Comet II (AKA Wild Cat) and the RC 48. Don't believe they us either very much any more.

Wade Comet coaster 

Wade RC48 Coaster 

I am the saddest person on the planet right now. That ride made the fair so cool as did their slide and fighter. I hope they are just reloading with other cool rides. Check out this video of a visitor to our fair when he seen the flume:

RodB
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, May 19, 2018 12:04:46 PM

RC 48 was listed for sale. Fighter most likely will stay in Florida and do Florida fairs only.
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, May 22, 2018 6:50:40 AM
Wade has had the RC 48 up for sale for a while now.

Saw the Fighter for sale, and a few other rides he has as well like the Tip Top.

Little surprised at the Comet up for sale, but then again gas prices are rising and that rides takes 9 loads.
Tornado
  •  Tornado
  • 91.54% (Exalted)
Tuesday, May 22, 2018 3:14:10 PM
Where did you see the Fighter for sale?
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, May 23, 2018 6:58:07 AM
It was on Used Rides a few years back, not there now so guess he changed his mind.
Erik9976
Friday, May 25, 2018 9:23:53 AM
I believe the Flume went over seas. Flumes are maintenance nightmares.
Tornado
  •  Tornado
  • 91.54% (Exalted)
Friday, May 25, 2018 2:38:48 PM
Originally Posted by: Erik9976 

I believe the Flume went over seas. Flumes are maintenance nightmares.

Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

It was on Used Rides a few years back, not there now so guess he changed his mind.

Funny there use to be many flumes on the east coast:

Reithoffer
Farrow (now on NAME)
Conklin (now on NAME)
Wade
Fiesta Showa (2 different ones)
Independent (popovich lost in an accident)

and may be one on the west coast with Ray Cammack.

Now only 2 left on the east coast, the 2 on NAME (at least for now) and the west coast now with 3
RCS
Butler
Helm and Sons Amusements (Fiesta Shows old one)

Surprised that California based shows would have one with constant water restriction out there....
thunderbolt85
Friday, May 25, 2018 3:00:50 PM

Funny there use to be many flumes on the east coast:

Reithoffer
Farrow (now on NAME)
Conklin (now on NAME)
Wade
Fiesta Showa (2 different ones)
Independent (popovich lost in an accident)

and may be one on the west coast with Ray Cammack.

Now only 2 left on the east coast, the 2 on NAME (at least for now) and the west coast now with 3
RCS
Butler
Helm and Sons Amusements (Fiesta Shows old one)

Surprised that California based shows would have one with constant water restriction out there....

Yeah, and there used to be one owned by 3 shows and the foreman. The shows were Murphy, Strates, and Reithoffer (before they bought their own).
Tornado
  •  Tornado
  • 91.54% (Exalted)
Saturday, May 26, 2018 8:53:25 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Yeah, and there used to be one owned by 3 shows and the foreman. The shows were Murphy, Strates, and Reithoffer (before they bought their own).

Yes the Wild River... That was the 1st one...
Didn't Vandervost have and move a Wild River as well?

And lets not forget Reithoffer's Roc N Rapids is sitting out in California somewhere in someones yard. Forgot which show, but someone did buy it and used it for a year or two. Has not been seen since...
Erik9976
Tuesday, May 29, 2018 12:50:35 AM
The NAME (Farrow) one is parked for now.
ridejocky
Tuesday, May 29, 2018 2:17:18 AM
I always wondered who thought trying to move a flume was a good idea.

I think a Himalaya in a real snow park would be easier and gin money....
Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, May 29, 2018 7:04:20 AM

Yes the Wild River... That was the 1st one...
Didn't Vandervost have and move a Wild River as well?

And lets not forget Reithoffer's Roc N Rapids is sitting out in California somewhere in someones yard. Forgot which show, but someone did buy it and used it for a year or two. Has not been seen since...

Yes, that is correct Vandervost had one as well, saw that one at the Florida state fair in mid 90s along with Conklin's double loop coaster.

All the ones I ever saw were always busy, of course that does not translate into profit if the overhead and too much.

The water ride I miss seeing are Bumper Boats (the big ones), still see kiddie bumper boats from time to time, but not a whole lot of big ones. The only show I know of that still has one is Belle City Amusements. Don't see a lot of wet boat rides anymore either.
wvscott
Wednesday, May 30, 2018 10:01:34 AM
I can remember the Roc n Rapids on the Reithoffer midway in Frederick Md years ago. The first time I saw it, I was in dis belief. Went back a few nights later and watched them tear it down
ridejocky
Wednesday, May 30, 2018 10:15:32 AM
The water is too big a mess. The big bumpers boats are even worse than the flumes.

Ride the Zipper?